Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feels like people keep saying that it's not the fault of the location. But I think I really disagree. I think this house on a tent would have been a little better. Even as it is now. ( I mean, with these exact puppets)
FREAKY had some of the same problems this house has, it Feels like This location makes things worse.
It's just a really bad location, the cut in the middle is really bad, there's no room for big sets, ( that's where the Freaky comparison comes for me) there's no room to make anything big, I don't know .... there's no a big, fully developed room in the entire thing..... not one full big room.
I'm sorry, but this feels like the worst location in the entire park. It's just not good.
I don't disagree that the location isn't optimal, but they have done a lot more with less in the past.

Random thought, what if you combined this house with the Tribute Store? I feel like that could have been unique and fun, only issue would be people messing with the Chucky dolls.

Reactions: Jake S
Sipping Tea Time GIF

And that queue video is wildly hard to hear in that echo-y room and desperately needs captions. Kind of insane that captions aren't just a default setting for things like this in this day and age.

Had subtitles last night, but all I saw in Express was Chucky lampshading the fact he's not allowed to curse at HHN. I don't know, stressing your limitations at the start of what's supposed to be a gonzo event just seemed dumb to me.

Also, every video in the house--and there are several--felt like something you'd buy off Cameo for $25.

Ironically I thought some of the puppet and "victim" scares actually kind of worked. But the rest of the house is such a mess they don't really matter. Worst house of the year, easily bottom 5 of the last decade if not beyond.

Big fan of Chucky and pretty much forced myself to like this house through opening weekend. The sets are pretty bare, but I love the use of puppets, especially that animatronic at the entrance. I went through it three times and wouldn't rate it high, but had fun with it.

I went to Hollywood on Sunday and did Chucky 6 times. It's easily the best house of their event and I don't think I can walk through Orlando again with any enjoyment. Hollywood is filled with tons of Chucky puppets and animatronics. Some even have water features. The sets are all really well done too. I would really love to know what went wrong here, because in comparison it's like Orlando didn't even finish the house.

Had subtitles last night, but all I saw in Express was Chucky lampshading the fact he's not allowed to curse at HHN. I don't know, stressing your limitations at the start of what's supposed to be a gonzo event just seemed dumb to me.

Also, every video in the house--and there are several--felt like something you'd buy off Cameo for $25.

Ironically I thought some of the puppet and "victim" scares actually kind of worked. But the rest of the house is such a mess they don't really matter. Worst house of the year, easily bottom 5 of the last decade if not beyond.

Last night, the lady at the beginning that gets stabbed in the stomach at the first room of the house was missing. Leaving a huge hole in that entire room. That room was fully empty. It was pretty bad. And The giant Chucky at the end still has no Chucky mask. I've never seen the giant Chucky.

A lot of rooms feel empty and then you realize Chucky is on the roof or something.
I just noticed a bald Chucky last night. It was kinda cool. I also noticed a couple other chuckys I never saw before. Their placement is so awkward. They are placed in dark areas and I think a lot of people are missing them.

Big fan of Chucky and pretty much forced myself to like this house through opening weekend. The sets are pretty bare, but I love the use of puppets, especially that animatronic at the entrance. I went through it three times and wouldn't rate it high, but had fun with it.

I went to Hollywood on Sunday and did Chucky 6 times. It's easily the best house of their event and I don't think I can walk through Orlando again with any enjoyment. Hollywood is filled with tons of Chucky puppets and animatronics. Some even have water features. The sets are all really well done too. I would really love to know what went wrong here, because in comparison it's like Orlando didn't even finish the house.

People praised the Black Phone last year, but that movie and house section had very very minimalistic sets and a very small basement without much decorations inside it. I think that it worked because of their minimalistic nature. Black phone translated well because they didn't have to do a lot with that basement.
This building is just not good.

Reactions: SeventyOne
From what I was told opening weekend, Giant Chucky is a Depths of Fear esque situation and had a TM Preview mishap due to the head of the costume.

I don't fault them for this ( it's an accident ) but they should have put that big helmet head somewhere in one of the shelves or hanging or something. I just wanna look at it.

this house almost feels like the queue line for a ride. Like if they had made a Chucky roller coaster or something and this house was the queue to go in. The way it's set up it feels like it

Last edited:
This location would have worked for oddfellows I think. For example, the intermission area could be like leaving the big top tent and entering his private quarters behind the circus. I'm forcing myself to do all 10 houses in one night tomorrow after being rained out on opening night. This might be my last time seeing the Charles house.

I don't fault them for this ( it's an accident ) but they should have put that big helmet head somewhere in one of the shelves or hanging or something. I just wanna look at it.

Yeah, do something with the head, like how they just sorta pinned some of the oversized "Creatures!" costumes to the walls in the finale of that house. Make lemons with lemonade the best you can, you know?

Having done it I honestly think everyone's being a little hard on this one but it has SO MANY weird design choices.

Why didn't they buy a million of the mass produced Chuckys(that they used on the show for production!)? Why the entirely scareless human doll statue? There's an explosion at the end now?

My only thought when seeing the lady that's dying on the fax machine was imagine wanting to work at Halloween Horror Nights, there's 100s of cool characters and monsters, and you get stuck doing a visual gag hidden behind a corner that most people won't even see.

Even advertising referred to this as Chuckys first appearance at Halloween Horror Nights, but his actual last house was such an inventive cool concept in contrast to this. Off the top of my head this should have been Chucky House in the front, false exit, re-enter to scenes from the other houses at the event but they're invaded by Chucky.

I feel like with this location they could've recreated the scenes from the series they wanted to in the first half and the 2nd half could become the point in which Chucky hijacks it

Reactions: MI1287 and GA-MBIT
Yeah, do something with the head, like how they just sorta pinned some of the oversized "Creatures!" costumes to the walls in the finale of that house. Make lemons with lemonade the best you can, you know?

I can’t believe it, but as of last night, the big Chucky head (complete with knife stuck in it) is now sitting on the ground just before you go outside for the transition.

I can’t believe it, but as of last night, the big Chucky head (complete with knife stuck in it) is now sitting on the ground just before you go outside for the transition.

FOLKS! We also now have giant Chucky head scare actors in the house!!