CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they need maybe 2-3 more fast food options. At least fast-casual counter service.

The first restaurant I ever ate at when CityWalk first opened. :'(
Burger king, Santa fe, panda express....... Yuck. Bring a peanut butter sandwich and stash in your car for the ride home. Really cheap way to go.

Throwing this out, with the location and proximity, along with the past slew of investments being primarily dining focus, perhaps Emrils could be a space that could be used for something more akin to a shop or little experience to get people away from the parks, while also spending money on something made by universal?

Just thinking out loud, as I could see that.
Agree. Emerils is not your cheap themepark option. You can get a mountain of chips and beans at Buffets for cheap. But Emerils is the ONLY upscale place in Citywalk. Nice apps during happy hour if you just can't afford the meals. That is why very few here know about the Palm at HRH too. And they could put in a moving sidewalk from the EXISTING universal store to the Emeril structure so you don't have to worry about stepping on your tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emeril's Orlando has always been one of my favorite restaurants at UOR.

With the kitchen I am sure this place will remain a restaurant. And most likely an upscale restaurant. Or they could turn it into an all day character buffet like Chef Mickey's.

With the kitchen I am sure this place will remain a restaurant. And most likely an upscale restaurant. Or they could turn it into an all day character buffet like Chef Mickey's.

Chef Mario's?

maxresdefault.jpg

The Roller Coaster motif gives me motion sickness right off the bat. I don't think I would eat there. :afraid:...Alien atmosphere is just too grotesque to eat at, unless you're an alien :lol: ......Don't care much for those concepts.

This time around I don't think they're going to go for a theme or rebuild, makes sense to keep the upscale steak/fish concept with a tint towards Florida.

Reactions: Alicia

The all-day character Buffet is a great idea

I mean that's what I assume is happening. Both can be true.
Yes, I meant to preface that I would like to see a Universal concept with the upscale steak/fish concept with a tint towards Florida...

Emeril's was a great example of "old Citywalk"....Ok food, but nothing special...."New Citywalk" is much better quality

This time around I don't think they're going to go for a theme or rebuild, makes sense to keep the upscale steak/fish concept with a tint towards Florida.
A Norman Van Aken restaurant would be a suitable replacement. He is the definition of Florida Cuisine. He has Norman's at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando and 1921 in Mt. Dora.

How many people (either locals or tourists) are really looking for a nice upscale restaurant in CityWalk? I feel like the restaurants in CityWalk should really aim towards the daily theme park guest. Personally, at the end of the day my feet hurt, I'm tired and possibly wet from either the rides or the afternoon thunderstorms and have no desire to go have a long sit down dinner. Plus I'm definitely not dressed for it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
How many people (either locals or tourists) are really looking for a nice upscale restaurant in CityWalk? I feel like the restaurants in CityWalk should really aim towards the daily theme park guest. Personally, at the end of the day my feet hurt, I'm tired and possibly wet from either the rides or the afternoon thunderstorms and have no desire to go have a long sit down dinner. Plus I'm definitely not dressed for it.
It's nice to have at least one nice offering, or at least semi-nice. If you're staying on-site CityWalk is just a quick water-taxi ride away.

Upscale is also relative, not everyone wants to go to a a sports bar, loud mexican place, Jimmy Buffet restaurant, rock themed American food place, etc. Any new place will be designed for their customers in the parks and resorts first.