CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So weird Universal going from five construction projects (including BFG, Hagrids, and Today Show) down to two, without even a good rumor for what else to come next.

So weird Universal going from five construction projects (including BFG, Hagrids, and Today Show) down to two, without even a good rumor for what else to come next.

We are in the Endgame....

universal_land_2_-_bioreconstruct.jpg

I think I just went into a 1000-yard stare for a moment. But yes, the answer is most certainly No.

Anyways, now that all the renovation is complete, it is a little odd not knowing any upcoming changes to CW. But that's simply due to us not being in that state for a while! It's honestly impressive how much they've improved CW, they knew what to replace -and- what to replace it with. Serious bonus points for their original creations hitting the mark, too. Hopefully in a couple months I'll be able to try a couple of the places out!

Most of the land in that picture is going to be the parking lot.

Back on topic, I think we'll see another shop/restaurant or two closing in the near future with conversion into new retail or food concepts. Universal seems to be getting better at this and enjoying making more money without an outside vendor.

Most of the land in that picture is going to be the parking lot.

Back on topic, I think we'll see another shop/restaurant or two closing in the near future with conversion into new retail or food concepts. Universal seems to be getting better at this and enjoying making more money without an outside vendor.
I agree they seem to be focusing on underperforming stores and restaurants.

I would imagine Fossil would be a prime location...

And, if they were to add any kind of preview center for the new park, that would be a great location. If they were smart they could make it preview center/gift shop with some of the Nintendo and other IP stuff represented in the new park. Especially since their other parks will already have some of the merchandise being produced for the parks, this could be a venue to sell it and offer a preview at the same time.

Last edited: