CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Based on the permit, it has to be Islands/FP/PiQ/Fossil. I can't thing of any other 4 contiguous retail locations anywhere else on property.

And as far as the current studios store becoming a F&B location. It is to small for a table service, but a counter service with outdoor seating is possible, but would seem pretty weird in the middle of everything there.

But it could be a GREAT bar.

Based on the permit, it has to be Islands/FP/PiQ/Fossil. I can't thing of any other 4 contiguous retail locations anywhere else on property.

And as far as the current studios store becoming a F&B location. It is to small for a table service, but a counter service with outdoor seating is possible, but would seem pretty weird in the middle of everything there.

Bar I could see. One point I keep forgetting to make is Universal loves loves loves to rent out the night club areas for events where the entrance is by the waterfalls/Antojiots and I guess a lot of times the Studio Store takes a hit based on that. I think moving the store and placing an event/EVE friendly venue there would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bar I could see. One point I keep forgetting to make is Universal loves loves loves to rent out the night club areas for events where the entrance is by the waterfalls/Antojkots and I guess a lot of times the Studio Store takes a hit based on that. I think moving the store and placing an event/EVE friendly venue there would be great.
That may be the answer

A fun concept bar with crazy drinks and Studio store moved to where the current store are...Seems like a win

Reactions: RevFreako
Tattoo shop does surprisingly well from what I’ve heard. I think people on vacation will go up to a Team Member and ask where the closest tattoo parlor is, and they point, “up there”.

The alcohol helps too.
Pretty big refurb on that in the last year, year and a half too, as I recall

Reactions: Andysol and Alicia

#BringBackCigars

Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't see Cinnabon going anywhere since they just remodeled, but anything is possible.

The current Universal Store could easily become some kind of specialty retail or a preview center. It could be a swap with PIQ and/or Fossil moving across the way to the USS, or the Surf Shop moving there (near Margaritaville is not a bad placement for a surf shop).

Does Universal own/run the surf shop or is it contracted? SeaWorld sells the same stuff in their own stores with the surf brand vendors providing the merchandise and fixturing, and it could be a similar situation with Universal owning the shop. If that's the case they could move the merchandise into the parks or elsewhere in CityWalk. Many parks (even Disney) have shops in the parks selling name brand merchandise like that in the parks. It works especially well near water rides where people want dry clothes and will drop a ton of money on them.

What about a preview center with a bar? Themed beers and cocktails to the new park.

I could absolutely see them relocating Piq. That place is always jam-packed.
If all Universal gets as a landlord is the same amount of monthly rent, I doubt they care enough to keep a tenant around, regardless of how much money the store was making.

They seem to be moving to only hosting businesses they receive a cut of the sales of, or own outright.

They seem to be moving to only hosting businesses they receive a cut of the sales of, or own outright.

correct me if I’m wrong- but pretty sure VooDoo and CowFish are Universal bought franchises not owned or operated by their own corporate companies? Pretty smart way of going about things

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
correct me if I’m wrong- but pretty sure VooDoo and CowFish are Universal bought franchises not owned or operated by their own corporate companies? Pretty smart way of going about things

Cowfish was originally operated by the parent company but switched over to UOR after their... lets say rough opening. No idea about Voodoo but wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.