Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Wishful thinking but a hotel about the size of Aventura overlooking city walk would be convenient.
Such a hotel would be pretty bad for sightlines inside the parks.

Problem is noise, it's the reason why despite hopes VB isn't open "late".
I'd be really curious to know more specifics about which parts of volcano bay make too much noise for the hotels.

i would be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind waking up that! Im a heavy sleeper and live on a busy street though.
Me too. I like when things are lively when I'm on vacation. My property is fairly secluded and I get the quiet every day. That said, I have one of those VB view rooms booked for 4 nights after the Disney phase of next weeks vacation. We really like CBBR, great resort for the money.

i would be in the minority but I wouldn’t mind waking up that! Im a heavy sleeper and live on a busy street though.

Me too. I like when things are lively when I'm on vacation. My property is fairly secluded and I get the quiet every day. That said, I have one of those VB view rooms booked for 4 nights after the Disney phase of next weeks vacation. We really like CBBR, great resort for the money.

It wasn't bad for us! We were usually awake before then anyway. But if someone is a light sleeper and likes to sleep in, it's definitely not for them. Lol.

It is! I guess the question is what 4 retail spaces are they going to be combining into one? Could it be the area of Fossil/Fresh Produce/PIQ?

I don't want to get too excited...but man that would make a great Nintendo Store/EU preview center
Yes PLEASE. Ive always thought it'd not only make sense, would be a smart business decision, can be what they advertise along with the JP Coaster in 2021 (Like how it seems Bourne and Dockside will open near each other), if they want, add in the EU preview center and 2021 at Universal is looking pretty dang sweet.

Still think Nintendo store will be better fit for the epic universe citywalk. I don’t think they’d do one in each (hell, there’s only one Nintendo store in the US already, seems they want to be very selective with where they are)

However a preview center would be awesome at any capacity even if it’s just a lil room with concept art on the walls

I'm always surprised they haven't built a larger Universal Store at that location. The current location is too small and out of the way. It seems like that power corner would be ideal for a bigger, better Universal Store.

Overall it feels like the retail locations at both parks are too small, and creating a giant store outside in CityWalk would be a great way to alleviate some of that.

Then, add a preview center component to the store, or put a preview center in the current Universal Store location.

I'm always surprised they haven't built a larger Universal Store at that location. The current location is too small and out of the way. It seems like that power corner would be ideal for a bigger, better Universal Store.

Overall it feels like the retail locations at both parks are too small, and creating a giant store outside in CityWalk would be a great way to alleviate some of that.

Then, add a preview center component to the store, or put a preview center in the current Universal Store location.

That's my thought, expand the the studio store into a larger experience. Plus we forget that Universal LOVES closing off that area of CityWalk for events, so moving their store from that location would be beneficial.

Still think Nintendo store will be better fit for the epic universe citywalk. I don’t think they’d do one in each (hell, there’s only one Nintendo store in the US already, seems they want to be very selective with where they are)

However a preview center would be awesome at any capacity even if it’s just a lil room with concept art on the walls
I don’t actually think a Nintendo store is coming to CityWalk, however, having one there makes business sense. Of course there will be a big Nintendo store in the land at EU, but for the same reason there’s a Star Wars store at Disney Springs in addition to inside of Hollywood Studios, you hit different audiences.

Again, don’t think it’s happening, but it’d fit in just fine in my opinion if it did.

That's my thought, expand the the studio store into a larger experience. Plus we forget that Universal LOVES closing off that area of CityWalk for events, so moving their store from that location would be beneficial.
This would make most sense...Then put a unique food option in the old Studio Store location