Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Club 33 at all WDW Parks

Ehhhh, you can't really call that stealing the aesthetic. It's mid-century modern, yeah...but the front-end of the park is entirely mid-century modern and has been since it opened. It also happens to be an extremely popular design choice, at this time. I will say it does not look premium at all.
Sure, but this is a private club that costs tens of thousands of dollars a year to be a member of. This ikea cafe doesn't have the luxury finishes that I would expect from such an exclusive club. I've been to airport lounges that are more upscale than this.

Sure, but this is a private club that costs tens of thousands of dollars a year to be a member of. This ikea cafe doesn't have the luxury finishes that I would expect from such an exclusive club. I've been to airport lounges that are more upscale than this.
I fully agree, hence me saying that it doesn't look premium. I'm more speaking to the fact that Cabana Bay isn't the first thing in the Orlando theme parks to tackle mid-century modern design.

I like the look but this ain't going to swoon $33k a year guests. Want to do something mid century? Do a full wooden decor jazz bar.
I can see Club 33 as an airport lounge where you’re basically just paying to have somewhere quiet and you don’t care what it looks like.

But, $33k a year!! That’s wild amounts of money! This just doesn’t seem worth it. Unless the plan is to pack it full of entertainment...which would take away the quiet.

Maybe this is just a bad corner and the rest looks good?

I can see Club 33 as an airport lounge where you’re basically just paying to have somewhere quiet and you don’t care what it looks like.

But, $33k a year!! That’s wild amounts of money! This just doesn’t seem worth it. Unless the plan is to pack it full of entertainment...which would take away the quiet.

Here's the rest.

I totally see the 70’s mid century modern aesthetic that they did here. Not what I would want to spend big $$ just to be a part of.

Club 33 is for people who have crazy money where $33k is less than pocket change. I don't think anybody who is going is saving up for the experience.

Club 33 is for people who have crazy money where $33k is less than pocket change. I don't think anybody who is going is saving up for the experience.
I still don’t understand. Is the intersection between the absurdly rich and Disney fans big enough for this?

Plus, I would think anybody (even if you make ungodly sums of money) would have higher expectations for Club 33 than these pictures suggest.

I still don’t understand. Is the intersection between the absurdly rich and Disney fans big enough for this?

Plus, I would think anybody (even if you make ungodly sums of money) would have higher expectations for Club 33 than these pictures suggest.
1. Yes
2. It probably should be better, yes. Can’t argue there. But then again there are many other perks that come with membership beyond the lounges.

Let's say that the top .1% of earners are interested and you have 20 million guests a year to WDW, that's 20,000 people who could buy membership without a second thought.

So the Club 33 Elevator at the Brown Derby has a set of stairs right next to elevator. That is unchained and with no sign saying Cast Members only. Does the stairs also lead to Club 33? Was too scared to go up.

So the Club 33 Elevator at the Brown Derby has a set of stairs right next to elevator. That is unchained and with no sign saying Cast Members only. Does the stairs also lead to Club 33? Was too scared to go up.
Yes. There is a logo at the top and Club 33 MagicBand access. There’s actually pictures of that stairway in this thread if you look back a page or two.