Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion?

I'm pretty sure the budget for Frozen was higher than 75 million, I thought it was 120 million for the ride and meet and greet.

A quick search of the forums over there has the $75 million being noted as the budget for the whole Norway project.

I don't see Coco doing big numbers. I think it will be another "good dinosaur". Most families will see it, but it won't be a film that garners a ton of adult business, or repeat viewings. I mean Moana was fantastic, and that didn't do THAT great either. Frozen set the bar really, really high for future Disney films. At least on a revenue standpoint.
Moana made 600+ million worldwide. Even below Frozen standards it still made a lot of money. I also don't expect Coco to be Good Dinosaur-level. Good Dinosaur was plagued by terrible marketing and poor word of mouth. The general consensus on Coco so far is positive and there seems to be much more marketing.

I don't see Coco doing big numbers. I think it will be another "good dinosaur". Most families will see it, but it won't be a film that garners a ton of adult business, or repeat viewings. I mean Moana was fantastic, and that didn't do THAT great either. Frozen set the bar really, really high for future Disney films. At least on a revenue standpoint.

Coco is already breaking box office records in Mexico. It has very little competition this holiday season for family films. It should be fine.

The reason there's not much US word of mouth yet is because it's not out here until the end of the month. If the early impressions are anything to go by, it's Pixar back on their game once again so I think Coco has the potential to be a hit.

Coco is certainly a bit more authentic than a film that has Channing Tatum and Ice Cube as their leads and a bunch of contemporary music from American writers but maybe that's just me! :shrug:

Coco is certainly a bit more authentic than a film that has Channing Tatum and Ice Cube as their leads and a bunch of contemporary music from American writers but maybe that's just me! :shrug:
So we're arguing a point that was never brought up? Unless I missed it and I said one film was more authentic than the other?

Regardless- when, again, did authentic = better?

But clearly being not authentic and using American actors means that movies automatically are inferior. Right?

411363.jpg

Coco is already breaking box office records in Mexico. It has very little competition this holiday season for family films. It should be fine.

Little Competition? Have you heard of this franchise called STAR WARS?.

Like I said, the film will do well with families, like all Disney films, but it's not going to draw many "adult or teen" viewers.

Its too ethnic to be a worldwide hit compared to other Disney films.

I think it will do fine in the US but don't expect Frozen or even Moana level numbers for this film in WW Box office numbers.

Are you insinuating that Disney put out "The Last Jedi" three weeks later to give competition to "Coco", a film that they're also distributing? Because that's not the way the demographics or box office work.

Coco may do more business from double features with SW than it does on it's own. :-X

High-100's sounds about right for Coco domestically. Hype is nowhere near a lot of previous Pixar movies, but this is the movie for families over Thanksgiving. It's also the first animated movie that will have a decent gross since The Emoji Movie, which was 3 and a half months ago. Worldwide is a different story, but it should be good for a total around 400-500M.

The field is wide, wide, wide open for Coco. The market is starved for a quality animated pic. I wouldn't call the Emoji movie a decent gross.

Also I would not ignore the fact that this contains a sizeable Frozen short film.

Ferdinand is the only thing that could chase this out of theatres for the holidays, but I feel like Coco will still perform well through that period.

The field is wide, wide, wide open for Coco. The market is starved for a quality animated pic. I wouldn't call the Emoji movie a decent gross.

Also I would not ignore the fact that this contains a sizeable Frozen short film.

Ferdinand is the only thing that could chase this out of theatres for the holidays, but I feel like Coco will still perform well through that period.

The Frozen short got cut due to so many Mexican parents complaining about it.

Cadenas de cines te escuchan: verás 'Coco' sin el corto de Frozen | Excélsior