Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Coco Ride Coming to Mexico Pavilion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haha I didn't hear about it debuting on ABC anyways. But yes, the Frozen special is still in front of Coco at least for a limited run. I'm guessing it will be pulled from showings starting in mid-December.

As long as they don't replace this.
gran-fiesta-tour-starring-the-three-caballeros-gallery00.jpg

Personally, I hope they expand the building and live the pyramid untouched and just re-rout the track; actually give the attraction a budget if one gets greenlit. I would like to see another min-plaza built replicating the edge of town/ the graveyard. You could have a creative queue through the Rivera shoe workshop (with the family photo altar/projection pre-show.) Then through the edge of town and to the graveyard. The graveyard would utilize the tombstones as railings ale-Haunted Mansion outside queue with musion ghosts/spirits conversing/ gathering their offerings. We'd then make our way to a second pre-show room where we'd "touch relics" (stone ornaments on a blank gravestone such as a guitar, a paint brush/jar of paints, a soccer ball, a frying pan, etc. to represent careers or talents.) This is where magic band tech and photo scanning would come to play. This data would be used to create skeleton caricature avatars of the guests "to find" in The Land Of The Dead. After everyone has scanned a tombstone relic the projected marigold leaves will sweep across the floor and create a bridge to the ride vehicle station. Boats or if they have the budget, the sky trolley. The story would be that Miguel and Hector are taking us "to gather our family members" for the annual Day Of The Dead concert. Our "family members" would be on the screens obviously and each scene would be a different family member practicing the craft or career throughout the city and would end with them stopping what they're doing to hop onto the trolley that Miguel and Hector are on and follow us to the final scene with would be the concert. The concert would have and AA Miguel, Hector, and "our family members" would be in the background on screens playing instruments.

It is so happening that it's insane.

Watch Coco break out in Japan and TDS gets some lavish new E-ticket.
At least with Coco, it's a much better fit for the pavilion on a cultural standpoint than it's predecessor. Something that Frozen certainly can't say.

Reactions: Ryan
Oh it fits, for sure. Just a bummer that it's just another overlay but what can ya do? Chapek gon Chapek.
While I agree that it sucks to just be another overlay, where else would it make sense to have gone? I can't think of anywhere else in WDW that makes sense except the Mexico Pavilion.

People are wanting them to gut the boat ride and expand the show building in that extra leftover space. It's possible, but won't happen.

People are wanting them to gut the boat ride and expand the show building in that extra leftover space. It's possible, but won't happen.

A part of me would wonder, could they do something similar to Frozen, of extending the layout of the attraction? Or is it already long enough for an attraction?

Expanding the show building certainly not happening, but with a rumored $75M budget - similar to Frozen Ever After's whole project, including M&G area - I would be surprised if the DONT gut the show scenes like they did when changing Maelstrom to Frozen.

While I agree that it sucks to just be another overlay, where else would it make sense to have gone? I can't think of anywhere else in WDW that makes sense except the Mexico Pavilion.
I mean, something other than a boat ride would be nice...But we're getting Rat eventually, so I guess I can't complain...

I'm all for Pixar in World Showcase btw

I mean, something other than a boat ride would be nice...But we're getting Rat eventually, so I guess I can't complain...

I'm all for Pixar in World Showcase btw
I can guarantee they aren't making it anything other than a boat ride :lol:

But as you said, there's Rat and there's also the Brave ride in UK. Insiders are oddly secretive about Brave though on what type of ride it will be. I'm expecting a classic dark ride, but a shooter attraction wouldn't surprise me either.

Expanding the show building certainly not happening, but with a rumored $75M budget - similar to Frozen Ever After's whole project, including M&G area - I would be surprised if the DONT gut the show scenes like they did when changing Maelstrom to Frozen.

I'm assuming this would add in a whole new queue. The current Gran Fiesta Tour queue is not going do here.