Console Gaming (General) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Literally Steam having to do what Nintendo wont

I'll grab this at someone point for sure....its kinda a joke that it will have more Classic Nintendo games than the Switch as well and might even run them better.

I hope this forces Nintendo to try harder...it wont but would be nice

Walked into a Target last night right before closing on a whim and they actually had a Xbox Series X in stock - I was shocked as hell. Needless to say, I made sure I was walking out of there with it since who knows when i'll run across a console again :lol:
I got mine a couple of months ago, even though you can still play most of the stuff on a normal XBox One I'm happy. shorter load times better screens and Forza is absolutely stunning on it

Picked up Demon Souls and Guardians for less than 50 bucks combined and I'm surprised at how good Guardians is. Combat's decent, story is better than I thought and I like that Drax can talk in complete sentences.

Picked up Demon Souls and Guardians for less than 50 bucks combined and I'm surprised at how good Guardians is. Combat's decent, story is better than I thought and I like that Drax can talk in complete sentences.
I hear only good things but I'm kinda wanting to wait to play it until the next GOTG film is out then I just looked up the date of the next film and my god...its so far away still

This is probably the first thing I've seen that's made me think this is the next generation of games.

Yeah, it's quite something seeing this in action on my PS5. Even more impressive that a small team worked about a year on this demo. It's not even well optimized according to the developers. The stats are also impressive.

• The city is 4,138 km wide and 4.968 km long, slightly larger than the size of downtown Los Angeles
  • The city surface is 15.79 km2
  • The city perimeter is 14.519 km long
  • There are 260 km of roads in the city
  • There are 512 km of sidewalk in the city
  • There are 1,248 intersections in the city
  • There are 45,073 parked cars, of which 38,146 are drivable and destructible
  • There are 17,000 simulated traffic vehicles on the road that are destructible
  • 7,000 buildings
  • 27,848 lamp posts on the street side only
  • 12,422 sewer holes
  • Almost 10 million unique and duplicated assets were created to make the city
  • The entire world is lit by only the sun, sky and emissive materials on meshes. No light sources were placed for the tens of thousands of street lights and headlights. In night mode, nearly all lighting comes from the millions of emissive building windows
  • 35,000 simulated MetaHuman pedestrians
  • Average polygon count? 7000k buildings made of 1000s of assets and each asset could be up to millions of polygons so we have several billions of polygons to make up just the buildings of the city

So on top of the Quantic Dream SW game, there’s THREE comping from EA. Jedi Fallen Order 2, a FPS, and a strategy driven game.

Add in the Ubisoft game too.

That makes it at this point for Lucasfilm:

• Indiana Jones by Machine Games, exclusive for XBOX
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake by Aspyr, exclusive for Playstation
  • Star Wars Jedi FO sequel by Respawn
  • Untitled Star Wars FPS by Respawn (Being handled by Peter Hirschmann, who helped on LucasArt's Battlefront & Battlefront II)
  • Untitled Star Wars Top-Down Strategy title by Bit Reactor (who's team developed and shaped titles like Civilization 5, XCOM, and ESO)
  • Untitled Star Wars title by Ubisoft
  • Star Wars Eclipse by Quantic Dream
  • Lego Star Wars by Traveller's Tales
Keeping Respawn for SW feels incredibly logical here. Very logical (And does not seem to be impending their next original IP either from those in the know).

Reactions: Nick
Disney is raking in licensing money on that SW IP for video gaming, damn. I'm glad they are basically hitting on every type of game though and mixing it up so that all the games are different.

Add in the Ubisoft game too.

That makes it at this point for Lucasfilm:

• Indiana Jones by Machine Games, exclusive for XBOX
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake by Aspyr, exclusive for Playstation
  • Star Wars Jedi FO sequel by Respawn
  • Untitled Star Wars FPS by Respawn (Being handled by Peter Hirschmann, who helped on LucasArt's Battlefront & Battlefront II)
  • Untitled Star Wars Top-Down Strategy title by Bit Reactor (who's team developed and shaped titles like Civilization 5, XCOM, and ESO)
  • Untitled Star Wars title by Ubisoft
  • Star Wars Eclipse by Quantic Dream
  • Lego Star Wars by Traveller's Tales
Keeping Respawn for SW feels incredibly logical here. Very logical (And does not seem to be impending their next original IP either from those in the know).
There is no such thing as over exposure, said no one ever....

There is no such thing as over exposure, said no one ever....
Eh, each of those SW games appeals to a different type of gamer for the most part. It’s definitely a lot, but at least there’s variety in the type of games being made.

Genuinely didn't expect it to be announced as early, though I guess UE4/5 is allowing them to expedite a lot of the process more quickly.

Wonder if this will be a 2023 title, or Early 2024 atleast. Also, there seems to be speculation one of the places featured in the trailer, is Star Wars, due to a screencap depicting a forest with one of the foots of an AT-ST present.

1649608700796.png

Got a Meta Quest 2 yesterday. I’ve never really looked into VR much in the past so I didn’t know how much I’d like it, but for being the first wireless VR set, it’s pretty decent for short bursts of casual gamin or even relaxing a bit.

If VR keeps improving and the games are there to support it (which is the big question), then this could be really cool as we move forward. Pico 4 looks nice and PSVR 2 looks to be a big improvement coming up (along likely with Quest 3 next year).

Got a Meta Quest 2 yesterday. I’ve never really looked into VR much in the past so I didn’t know how much I’d like it, but for being the first wireless VR set, it’s pretty decent for short bursts of casual gamin or even relaxing a bit.

If VR keeps improving and the games are there to support it (which is the big question), then this could be really cool as we move forward. Pico 4 looks nice and PSVR 2 looks to be a big improvement coming up (along likely with Quest 3 next year).
I ordered a PSVR2. It's also my first VR experience but the hardware looks very promising, can't wait to play Horizon Call Of The Mountain and Resident Evil Village.

I ordered a PSVR2. It's also my first VR experience but the hardware looks very promising, can't wait to play Horizon Call Of The Mountain and Resident Evil Village.
If PSVR ports over Half-Life: Alyx from PCVR, I’ll 100% buy just for that.

The head of Xbox talking about the current state of Xbox.

To me its shows they need new leadership, they literally seem to two plans. Buy more studios and then let the studios do whatever they want, even if gamers don't want those games they want to let devs do whatever they want.
They don't think they can catch up with Nintendo or Sony without owning Cod and to me thats a red flag, they clearly don't know how to lead teams and it has lead to Halo failing from one of the biggest series ever into just a game on gamepass. Just my thoughts interview is below. (also I own all three systems and want Xbox to kill it but they seem to have no vision on how to get there without just buying out more studios and not having a plan on how to lead them)