Console Gaming (General) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Console Gaming (General)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You sure about the handheld part? Microsoft is making at least two consoles, and they’d be stupid to not look at the Switch.

You’re a company that makes computers, laptops, and phones, but you let both Sony and Nintendo make a handheld console before you? C’mon man!

They're not gonna make a handheld. Nintendo is the only one who's ever had consistent success in the market, and the Vita was a drag on Sony for years.

They're not gonna make a handheld. Nintendo is the only one who's ever had consistent success in the market, and the Vita was a drag on Sony for years.

The Vita also never had any good games.

Although, some news sources are hearing that Microsoft will take a non-traditional approach to this console. I’m really curious as to what that means.

I would assume that Non-Traditional could mean more of an full on dive to be more aligned with the PC. Hence, why I think we will see Backwards Compatability with the entire XBOX family at launch, alongside a much stronger belief in Cross-Platform with PC (and maybe even Switch) games.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Yea, no. Vita was legit. It was a great console.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what Xbox does until they get a stable of games people outside the Halo/Gears crowd wants to play.

Hopefully Ninja Theory, Playground, and Initiative start making games to bring people in. Halo/Gears/Forza are good games, but Xbox needs some RPG’s and story-driven games.

Just look at what Naughty Dog did for Sony. It’s amazing what exclusives can do.

Hopefully Ninja Theory, Playground, and Initiative start making games to bring people in. Halo/Gears/Forza are good games, but Xbox needs some RPG’s and story-driven games.

Just look at what Naughty Dog did for Sony. It’s amazing what exclusives can do.

Ninja Theory, is the question of the day, as I can fully see them with the funding and marketing backing to become a Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch, in innovative and exciting stories that can change how gaming works. Playground, I fully believe that leak of them doing Fable, and that I can see them do well with reviving that franchise. The Initiative, is the wildcard.

You sure about the handheld part? Microsoft is making at least two consoles, and they’d be stupid to not look at the Switch.

You’re a company that makes computers, laptops, and phones, but you let both Sony and Nintendo make a handheld console before you? C’mon man!
There’s a lot less risk in doing subscriptions for a cloud service that can be used on anything. If Microsoft were to go the handheld route its more likely that service comes to Switch rather than an Xbox handheld and even that is incredibly unlikely.

Yea, no. Vita was legit. It was a great console.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what Xbox does until they get a stable of games people outside the Halo/Gears crowd wants to play.
The Vita was a lot like the Wii U. It had some good games but not enough to garner mass interest. Just a tiny base of people who were already hardcore Sony and Nintendo fans. The marketing also sucked for both of them.

Consoles are created around a set of specs so game designers can focus on polish knowing the games will work across all units. The set of specs also create a commodity and lowers price for hardware.

Last generation the RAM was the bottleneck for the generation, this generation it appears to be the memory on the graphics chipsets.

A new generation upgrades more than just the graphical hardware too, we'll get new communications protocol (new wifi and bluetooth standards), upgraded bluray, new power management, and more upgrades.

The industry is ready to start working on a new generation of hardware based on the limitations publishers are finding now. You can't wait for the point when the hardware is completely maxed out/every game is optimized. Sony and Microsoft must be skating to where the puck is going to be two years from now.

Ninja Theory, is the question of the day, as I can fully see them with the funding and marketing backing to become a Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch, in innovative and exciting stories that can change how gaming works. Playground, I fully believe that leak of them doing Fable, and that I can see them do well with reviving that franchise. The Initiative, is the wildcard.

What if I told you that Playground will start a completely new IP, and that Ninja Theory could possibly work on Fable?

Playground is working on Fable

Considering how Ninja Theory handled Hellblade, I would rather want them to do new IP and that Playground has the numbers to do Fable in my eyes.

I don’t know about that. I don’t know much about Fable or Playground, but Playground makes racing/action games. Not RPG’s. And when it was announced at E3 that Playground was working on a new project, it seemed like they were talking about something completely new. That’s just my take on things.

I don’t know about that. I don’t know much about Fable or Playground, but Playground makes racing/action games. Not RPG’s. And when it was announced at E3 that Playground was working on a new project, it seemed like they were talking about something completely new. That’s just my take on things.

Was watching GiantBomb and when Spencer said that they all said, "They've been working on Fable."

What’s kinda sad is the fact the Xbox has the better multiplayer exclusives by far, but their single player collection is so bad that everyone forgets about it.

Honestly, what great multiplayer games does PlayStation have? I can’t think of a single one. Even Nintendo has Splatoon and Mario Kart.

Multiplayer shouldn't be the driving force to a console's success. What matters, is not only the quality that companies represent for their games, but also how far they will go to support the companies responsible, and the games for future year's to come.

Whether original, IP, or whatever, I think Sony and Microsoft is going to make sure that when the PS5 and XBOX Next (that's what I call it for now), that they focus similar to how Switch did a varied, spread out, and appeasing display of games, concepts, and things for people to do.

I think we are to have the Switch for a while, but, I do not rule out that the Switch takes a page from the XBOX or PS4P to where they give the option for a version of the Switch that would offer a more updated version of the Nividia chip inside the Switch.

This isn’t really about the next consoles but the future of console gaming is cross platform multiplayer for ALL games. Downloaded Fortnite because it’s free and had a blast with my cousin who has an Xbox. I stink at the game but I’ll get better, eventually. Time for the walls to come down.
gqYQfE.gif

It’s kinda funny to think that we’ll have two new consoles, Cyberpunk, Starfield, GTA 6, Elder Scrolls, and probably Half-Life 3 before Super Nintendo World starts being built.

This isn’t really about the next consoles but the future of console gaming is cross platform multiplayer for ALL games. Downloaded Fortnite because it’s free and had a blast with my cousin who has an Xbox. I stink at the game but I’ll get better, eventually. Time for the walls to come down.
gqYQfE.gif

I get the distinct impression that everyone BUT Sony will be committing to Cross Platform, as it is a means of good show and gives a chance to be more co-operative and supportive of everyone in the industry (and community).