Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Console Gaming (General)

What’s kinda sad is the fact the Xbox has the better multiplayer exclusives by far, but their single player collection is so bad that everyone forgets about it.

Honestly, what great multiplayer games does PlayStation have? I can’t think of a single one. Even Nintendo has Splatoon and Mario Kart.

I think Multiplayer is a big money-making machine with micro-transactions. GTA, Fifa, Madden, etc etc. However, it would be sad to see that become the driving force behind the design of any new console. There's a lot of people out there who enjoy games for their single-player storylines and that is why Sony beat the rest for me. Captivating stories like the newest God of War, Uncharted series, TLOU and upcoming Days Gone looks like it could be a good story. Multiplayer can only satisfy so much. I hope we are moving in to an age of less brain-less games and games that make you feel and think and I would hope immersion would take more precedent than "how many extras can we get them to buy?". That is my personal hope. I know there are a lot of people out there that think the multiplayer experience is primary. It isn't that I don't play multiplayer, but I would rather spend £50 a time on something that makes me walk away with that amazing feeling finishing an excellent game can have if only once than spending that on DLC that allows me a new map pack and some guns.

Theory time: After Gears 5 comes out, there will be no major exclusives until the Xbox Scarlet is released. Sure, the exclusives will be on Xbone as well, but not until the new consoles are out in stores.

Telltale Games will be closing down, as only 25 people are now at the company, handling the Netflix Minecraft: Story Mode release.

The rest of The Walking Dead: Season Four (after Episode 2), has been reportedly cancelled, as The Wolf Among Us 2 & an adaptation of Stranger Things have also been canceled.

Telltale Games will be closing down, as only 25 people are now at the company, handling the Netflix Minecraft: Story Mode release.

The rest of The Walking Dead: Season Four (after Episode 2), has been reportedly cancelled, as The Wolf Among Us 2 & an adaptation of Stranger Things have also been canceled.

Telltale was a mess of a company mired in management issues and bad bets. Not surprising.