Could ''Land of Oz" Come to Disney? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Could ''Land of Oz" Come to Disney?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe it wouldn't work as a land but just a ride. However, I think it could only succeed if there is a continuous franchise to go with it. Whether people like the movie or not shouldn't decide if a ride is ever built because even if the masses enjoy the film and if there is no sequel then it will be forgotten easily. That would mean maybe two more films would need to be in the works and with all the marketing they could do they could easily get people to be at least intrigued in going. Look at Narnia, when it first came out I thought it was going to be the next Potter but the hype for quickly diminished after the 2nd film, so much that Disney doesn't even have the rights to make any more films...Imagine if they had built a ride for the 1st film's success...that by now would be seen as a big waste of time and money.

I would gladly welcome an Oz land. I think it would be a general success if done right. Think of all the rides and shows that could be housed in the land!!!! THINK OF IT!!!!

Rumor has it the sequel will replace Franco and Kunis. Maybe if they get someone with a little more world popularity, the franchise could bring in a bigger draw

Both Oz films are very well known here in the UK so it's not just an US only thing, I think it would be a good idea as long as it doesn't tie in directly to one of the movies.

I think we need to put down the notion of Potter "killers". Nothing will have the draw of Potter with the exception of potentially Star Wars (if done right). Nothing else can possibly match the draw of Potter.

I dunno. I think Halloween Town, while may not having AS MUCH pull, would really bring in a good crowd of mixed ages considering the longevity of the film and its rereleased, DLR's HM make-over, and 4+hour queue at WDW to meet Jack and Sally. Plus the novelty would be there. Snake and Spider Stew? I'd try it. It could enhance the Halloween/Christmas experience also. :skellington:

When I read Halloween Town, my mind immediately went to this.

Halloweentown2.jpg

I dunno. I think Halloween Town, while may not having AS MUCH pull, would really bring in a good crowd of mixed ages considering the longevity of the film and its rereleased, DLR's HM make-over, and 4+hour queue at WDW to meet Jack and Sally. Plus the novelty would be there. Snake and Spider Stew? I'd try it. It could enhance the Halloween/Christmas experience also. :skellington:
Yes..Halloween Town and Christmas Town would be incredible