Creature Technology | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Creature Technology

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
BUT

But, if it truly ends up as the original, Disney fans will still trash it on You Tube, even though it will be more Disney than any of Disney's new attractions. They just won't accept anything that doesn't have The Rat stamped on it. ;):lol:

I'll be riding the Rat at DLP next week so will see how good it is for myself, will have to wait a while to be able compare it to SLOP tough. :saywhat:

I'll be riding the Rat at DLP next week so will see how good it is for myself, will have to wait a while to be able compare it to SLOP tough. :saywhat:
Well, it is trackless like SLOP is supposed to be, but that's about it. Mostly screens and certainly no mobile AA's. The movement of the vehicles looks somewhat similar though.

Reactions: tankart150
Let's hope that any AA attractions, a pretty new frontier for Uni as of late, have some length to them. A short ride of any kind will be viewed as totally lackluster (see Navi River Journey). I think the last ride Uni put out that wasn't criticized for length was probably Transformers.

Let's hope that any AA attractions, a pretty new frontier for Uni as of late, have some length to them. A short ride of any kind will be viewed as totally lackluster (see Navi River Journey). I think the last ride Uni put out that wasn't criticized for length was probably Transformers.
SLOP is a high energy very active movement ride though, probably going to be 4 minutes like Transformers & Spidey. It's not a slow moving water omnimover like Navii.

Reactions: tankart150

Kong is SIX MINUTES LONG lol

Also, I'd argue Navi's issue isn't it's length, it's that nothing happens on it.

Hmmmmmmm, maybe these guys.

images

images

Who's making the ride vehicles? maybe, just maybe we get something along the lines of these bad boys :)

images

Care for a spin?
LOL, yeah that one too, crazy talk, AAs on RVs :lmao:

Seems to me, strangely; they are seeming to be on the path of the original concept, which if that's the case from what you pointed out; that may be a treat.

Either way, I am more fascinated with this, and that I am now intrigued to see if this slips to 2020 for Hollywood, with no construction in sight for P168.

And it's often criticized for feeling too short. It might not be, but people obviously have issues with its pacing.

Eh, The only real issue the ride has in regards to pacing is a lack of scene between the two screen scenes, because those two scenes bridge the conflict portions of the ride, and the rides story has two major conflict points (the explorer chick you are supposed to care about gets snatched) The ride basically continues to crescendo faster and faster without any even brief plateau. It needs a plateau scene to make the final escalation (The dinos) more powerful, and in the case of this ride, more complete.

Then the ride has the major sin of not SHOWING the complete resolution. You hear it over the radio.

Everything about the ride really is "fine". But the only thing that keeps me from rating it higher personally is that it feels like you aren't on the ride until you hit the bug scene.

Reactions: UNIrd
If Universal are aiming to top a trackless ride, I'm hoping they're aiming to beat Mystic Manor. Don't get me wrong, Rat is a fine ride but Mystic Manor is currently top tier in that field.

I still believe Ministry of Magic should be Universal's Mystic/Haunted Mansion. If the plan is to keep MIB, as much as I want a wand shooting ride, they can't be next to each other.

I still believe Ministry of Magic should be Universal's Mystic/Haunted Mansion. If the plan is to keep MIB, as much as I want a wand shooting ride, they can't be next to each other.
After Potter eats FFL there isn't going to be a lot of World Expo left.

For the first time ever, Krustyland and Treehouse of Terror combine forces on a brand new state of the art attraction. Nuclear Zombie Attack! Opening Summer, ok maybe Fall, or Christmas 2021...um...22. Yeah, 2022.

I'm not convinced MiB will stay, just my thoughts but I can easily see it going bye bye.

I know a lot love MiB and it would be an unpopular decision with some but Uni aren't afraid to pull out old rides to replace with something more relevant and I can see that happening here. Plus if MoM does go ahead (as we think it will) MiB would be sat out there all alone with nothing else relating to it, I know it pretty much is now but the times they are a changin.

I don't know I could be way off the mark here but I see it going the way of many of the other "classics".

I'm not convinced MiB will stay, just my thoughts but I can easily see it going bye bye.

I know a lot love MiB and it would be an unpopular decision with some but Uni aren't afraid to pull out old rides to replace with something more relevant and I can see that happening here. Plus if MoM does go ahead (as we think it will) MiB would be sat out there all alone with nothing else relating to it, I know it pretty much is now but the times they are a changin.

I don't know I could be way off the mark here but I see it going the way of many of the other "classics".

Besides capacity and timelines, I guess I would just find it a little odd if MiB were to leave, why wouldn't they just plan that with Mario and just let Nintendo grow in that direction?

Simpsons would be cool, and a Treehouse for sure...I guess I just do not know how well the Simpsons permissions/cost work out for UNI.

I always wondered why we never had stuff like Gremlins or Close Encounters near ET to be a sort of Spielberg thing.

Kong is SIX MINUTES LONG lol

Also, I'd argue Navi's issue isn't it's length, it's that nothing happens on it.
1. Six minutes isn't THAT long (and the ride time is padded with the lame outdoors section where literally nothing happens). The ride also feels short, even if you may say it's not. Perception is reality to the average guest.

2. You're absolutely right. They could've doubled or tripled the size of NRJ, but it wouldn't have mattered because the ride sucks and nothing happens. You leave feeling cheated of your time.

A refurb on MIB would be very nice , but I don't see it leaving for a while..Especially with it being one of the last practical rides in the park minus ET

A refurb on MIB would be very nice , but I don't see it leaving for a while..Especially with it being one of the last practical rides in the park minus ET
and...with so many projects in the pipeline for the Studios' park, it's got a good number of safe years left before they can consider doing anything. I would guess it won't be touched until after Nintendo opens.

Reactions: shiekra38
and...with so many projects in the pipeline for the Studios' park, it's got a good number of safe years left before they can consider doing anything. I would guess it won't be touched until after Nintendo opens.

I agree, Im thinking way down the line.

Reactions: Mad Dog

They could make an MIB Restaurant complete with a themed beverage (coffee?). And a red-button launched Coaster :) or they could put a new Back to the Future dark ride next to MIB :)

Reactions: Ashhanbre