D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love that this event is just "please advertise to me none stop for a whole weekend" and everyone just loves it. People even pay money to be there. "OMG they released a movie poster, can you believe it"
What's the difference between this and a comic con? They're the same thing as it's hype events sponsored by major corporations that explain little but try to hype up their die hard fans to evangelize and enjoy their works.

In the long run it's something for people to do and a way of getting people who share similar interests together. It's harmless fun.

Reactions: alomar
What time is the parks panel today? I’m really hoping for opening dates (or year) for attractions like Tron, Guardians, and Mickey and Minnie. Other than that, not sure what I’m hoping for here. I’m still unsure of how I feel about the entire Epcot transformation, but it’s long overdue.

What time is the parks panel today? I’m really hoping for opening dates (or year) for attractions like Tron, Guardians, and Mickey and Minnie. Other than that, not sure what I’m hoping for here. I’m still unsure of how I feel about the entire Epcot transformation, but it’s long overdue.
10:30 AM to noon pacific time (right?)

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
What's the difference between this and a comic con? They're the same thing as it's hype events sponsored by major corporations that explain little but try to hype up their die hard fans to evangelize and enjoy their works.

In the long run it's something for people to do and a way of getting people who share similar interests together. It's harmless fun.

ComiCon International is actually a non-profit who runs the event, where as D23 is for profit and just for Disney.

10:30 AM to noon pacific time (right?)

Yes

So i'm a little confused as to why, besides The Simpsons, Fox isn't getting shown off at all at this D23. They were completely left out from the Walt Disney Pictures Panel yesterday and that'd be all well and good... if 20th Century FOX had their own main presentation. But FOX has virtually no representation which I think is a big missed opportunity and a bad sign for the Studio as an independent label.

Also, the panel starts at 10:30 PST (or 1:30 EST), but that meaning everyone will be getting seated in the Hall for around 30 minutes before that at least. Use that time to try to find people who are streaming because people will start the second they get in there.

Are people planning on posting general news in here, or in specific threads related to the projects themselves? Or both?
I personally think it'll be easier (at least while the panel is going on) if conversation is kept in here. That way people aren't jumping around from thread to thread the whole time. Mods will be creating new threads.

Reactions: belloq87
Ya I agree. Once panel is over and everything is announced, much easier to discuss. If you start threads as its all happening kinda just gets confusing.

Reactions: belloq87
I don't necessarily think this will be announced, but just mentioning that I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that Carousel of Progress is finally getting that update.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't necessarily think this will be announced, but just mentioning that I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that Carousel of Progress is finally getting that update.
All right.:thumbsup:...Smart phone to replace the big bulky remote phone ;):)