D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not something that I would care to elaborate on. Kind of the same reasons there's no longer a political thread on this site. Some people, groups etc. are very thin skinned in this day and age.

I’d always assumed that was related to a fake place going into World Showcase.

Not something that I would care to elaborate on. Kind of the same reasons there's no longer a political thread on this site. Some people, groups etc. are very thin skinned in this day and age.
With respect, why bring it up then?

Because he wanted to give an answer as to why instead of just ignoring you?
It's not really an answer though, more of an "I have an answer but I won't tell you what it is," but that's okay. I think not wanting to put a fictional country in the world showcase is far more likely than any political/social group being upset - although being who I am, I don't mind suggesting that any group that WOULD get riled up over it probably has it coming. :)

It's not really an answer though, more of an "I have an answer but I won't tell you what it is," but that's okay. I think not wanting to put a fictional country in the world showcase is far more likely than any political/social group being upset - although being who I am, I don't mind suggesting that any group that WOULD get riled up over it probably has it coming. :)

Long story short, fictional African country going into World Showcase before any real African country, would probably get those who identify with an African country upset. Telling them they have it coming may not work out well for you.

Long story short, fictional African country going into World Showcase before any real African country, would probably get those who identify with an African country upset. Telling them they have it coming may not work out well for you.

That's the only group that would have a reason to complain. Given the makeup of the nerd world and recent history therein, I would fully expect the announcement of an attraction based on Wakanda to be met with "But white people invented blah blah blah where's their attraction how about Nikola Tesla boycott reverse racism schmecko schmecko."

Reactions: Grabnar
Wakanda things do I want to see at D23?

1. Star Wars Hotel that's supposed to open next year.
2. Indiana Jones finally get some love in some form.
3. Stitch's replacement. I loved Stitch as a character and I always hate seeing things shut down with no replacement immediately lined up.

4. I'm curious outside of Avatar how Fox is going to be more integrated into the parks.

A more general question: why are people so dead set on starting rumors around characters we know full well Disney can't touch?
Disney technically CAN touch Wakanda. They just can't use Black Panther along with it.

I think it will be integrated in the parks about as well as Touchstone Pictures
Hey, Pearl Harbor was integrated into the Studio Backlot Tour for over 15 years! Synergy!

Last edited:
Disney technically CAN touch Wakanda. They just can't use Black Panther along with it.

Hey, Pearl Harbor was integrated into the Studio Backlot Tour for over 15 years! Synergy!
And there was an Armageddon attraction in Paris.....Like I said, I'm expecting the same integration

And there was an Armageddon attraction in Paris.....Like I said, I'm expecting the same integration
I see Planet of the Apes being used. In DAK, probably (ugh). Alien is a good theme park franchise, but I feel like its too much for Disney (even though it was in the GMR for 28 years). I do think Alita has some potential as a M&G character - in the same vein as She-Ra is being used sort of.

Come to think of it, an Alita Disney+ show wouldn't be a bad idea. I think it would do better in a long-form series than the movie showed.

Yeah, I get it, but that'd be like doing Stark Expo without Iron Man. Ridiculous
Yeah, but think of it this way... barely any of the pavilions in WS have rides, so if Disney REALLY wanted to do Wakanda, it wouldn't necessarily seem weird with BP not being there. It would be more about experiencing Wakanda rather than T'Challa himself.

That said, while I think it would work within the WS as presently constructed in a way, it would still be incredibly stupid and really ruin World Showcase.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Yeah, but think of it this way... barely any of the pavilions in WS have rides, so if Disney REALLY wanted to do Wakanda, it wouldn't necessarily seem weird with BP not being there. It would be more about experiencing Wakanda rather than T'Challa himself.

That said, while I think it would work within the WS as presently constructed in a way, it would still be incredibly stupid and really ruin World Showcase.
The DisTwitter meltdown would be amazing, but then we'd all feel sad afterward

4 years is an awful lot of lead time to announce something. Unless it's truly a MEGA E-ticket, I'd be very surprised if something like that were announced this far out.

Also, any future plans for the Imagination pavilion had better still involve Figment. If they don't, I'm not interested.

4 years is an awful lot of lead time to announce something. Unless it's truly a MEGA E-ticket, I'd be very surprised if something like that were announced this far out.

Also, any future plans for the Imagination pavilion had better still involve Figment. If they don't, I'm not interested.
SWGE was announced in 2015; GotG and Tron in 2017. They were all announced 4 years ahead of time.