What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (USH)

So if this is in both IoA and USH then what about the stage being built and the casting call?

Is the USH one different? Or will they be the same and Orlando will get a new stage too?

It's now been shortened to 8 minutes! Yayyyyyyyyy:thud:
It's disappointing, bit I get why. It won't really get dark enough to do the show until, like, 6:30 and even later when they bring the show back for the summer (which, technically, is not guaranteed, but is basically guaranteed). A longer showtime either means less time in between shows to load people in and out or fewer showings each night. And, if done properly, you can have a satisfying show in eight minutes. We'll just have to see how it turns out.

So if this is in both IoA and USH then what about the stage being built and the casting call?
Is the USH one different? Or will they be the same and Orlando will get a new stage too?
There is no new stage. The construction walls by the FJ queue are for the enhancements of the special effects for the light show. I'm not sure about the casting call, but it seems to be unrelated. The dates don't match up. The casting call says "late March and early April" but the new light show runs from mid to late April and then again at the end of May.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking the casting call is for a separate daytime show that may take over the Frog Choir stage or a roaming entertainment group. How can the nighttime light show, which draws your eyes to the castle, feature improv actors, puppeteers and close-up magic?

Wasn't the casting call for a special event?

I'm hearing that there's some significance to this being a "preview" and that the full version will debut later this year.
Later in the year. Huh. Christmas is later in the year, but that wouldn't make sense to have such a "dark" themed show for Christmas. The only time that's "later in the year" that would make sense would be Halloween.

Hmmmmm......

Remember that rumor a while back of Potter being possibly open for HHN? I think this just adds fuel to that fire.

I'm hearing that there's some significance to this being a "preview" and that the full version will debut later this year.

I have an idea what it could be but I think it’s too late to advertise for it.

Later in the year. Huh. Christmas is later in the year, but that wouldn't make sense to have such a "dark" themed show for Christmas. The only time that's "later in the year" that would make sense would be Halloween.

Later in the year could mean summer.

I was very skeptical when you said this show would be an exclusive to USH.

Looks pretty cool though. Could def see this running during HHN.

Honestly, the wording of what I meant, was more of a..curiosity.

Now, it somewhat clicks to why we haven't seen any activity on this project for Orlando.

...You know, I have a thought to this. And if Potter is open for HHN this year, I am watching intently at what they play at for both USH..and IOA.

Honestly, the wording of what I meant, was more of a..curiosity.

Now, it somewhat clicks to why we haven't seen any activity on this project for Orlando.

...You know, I have a thought to this. And if Potter is open for HHN this year, I am watching intently at what they play at for both USH..and IOA.
Its hard for Potter to be open during hhn since Tech services need the ride so early and thats why you never see forbbiden journey open passed 11pm

But for Eve, HP was open, but FJ closed by 11pm (we know, because we wanted to ride it at midnight only to find it already closed). They could do similar for HHN.

Yeah, I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to do FJ during HHN similar to the likes of how they operate the Terror Tram.

When I got wind of Dark Arts being a test; I wonder if USH's initial version..is to see how people react to the darker material in normal operations.

If successful, I wonder if that "full version" that @ush.hacker brought up, may come to light for IOA and USH during the Fall season.