Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like to "consider the source" when it comes to "rating" an attraction. I wouldn't go to a six flags park or cedar fair and expect the same thing as I would at a disney or universal park.

Given its nature, the barn screams wolfman scene to me. Each time through you would see a different stage of his transformation. Hopefully I didn't just set myself up for disappointment lol.

Not sure if this has been discussed already... but I just realized that the actual village portion of Dark Universe is only half the size of Hogsmeade.

The entire land is a decent size, but compared to the others it's certainly the least ambitious (from a land design perspective) from a design perspective. I'm sure the E-ticket will great and Bio's aerials shows great detail into the land's buildings... it's just a very tiny land lol

Remove FJ from the equation (since that was technically JP territory) so it's only Hippogriff/Hagrids. Also keep in mind, Hogsmeade isn't that "big" it's just "long".

Given its nature, the barn screams wolfman scene to me. Each time through you would see a different stage of his transformation. Hopefully I didn't just set myself up for disappointment lol.
Wouldn't it be funny if the Wolfman isn't in there? Maybe the barn is just filled with garden tools, old paint cans with a little paint left in them, and assorted items Dr. Frankenstein couldn't be bothered with selling on Craigslist. Like an old Bowflex he promised Mrs. Frankenstein he'd use 3 times per week if she let him buy one.

Your idea is better and more likely though.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been discussed already... but I just realized that the actual village portion of Dark Universe is only half the size of Hogsmeade.

The entire land is a decent size, but compared to the others it's certainly the least ambitious (from a land design perspective) from a design perspective. I'm sure the E-ticket will great and Bio's aerials shows great detail into the land's buildings... it's just a very tiny land lol
One of my gripes. I wish they had expanded on the forest aspect but it seems we are only in the forest when queuing for the curse of the wolfman. I guess it will be more space and less of the same when/if they build an actual lagoon for the creature ride as front theming or so.

I guess it will be more space and less of the same when/if they build an actual lagoon for the creature ride as front theming or so.
They really should be building a gross European bog for the Creature ride. Or a bog-like forest. Something with big bog energy.

They really should be building a gross European bog for the Creature ride. Or a bog-like forest. Something with big bog energy.

Not to nitpick but Creature was actually South America and, in keeping with the story, would need an Amazonian jungle vibe with a tree-lined lagoon. They could have you step into a forest back a pathway that transforms into the South American feel which would lead into the ride queue.

Not to nitpick but Creature was actually South America and, in keeping with the story, would need an Amazonian jungle vibe with a tree-lined lagoon. They could have you step into a forest back a pathway that transforms into the South American feel which would lead into the ride queue.
They could have a barrier to divide the theming between the jungle and village.

One of my gripes. I wish they had expanded on the forest aspect but it seems we are only in the forest when queuing for the curse of the wolfman. I guess it will be more space and less of the same when/if they build an actual lagoon for the creature ride as front theming or so.
I’m not 100% about that. I think that huge berm to the right of the manor being filled with trees may add to the forest aspect. I’ve been continuously surprised where/how they place trees in this land.

But, I do wish this land had the first expansion.

I said when WE are in the forrest not so much looking through one. Right now, that seems only possible with the queue and exit of the wolfman.