Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I was describing the monsters at the park, a friend of mine asked if they were moving The Mummy to Epic, so that really makes sense lol.

Never saw the Tom Cruise Mummy, but wasn't that mummy female? And didn't that movie carry the "Dark Universe" tag line?

In any event, glad they removed that stuff from the Mummy exit! :grinning:

Reactions: Ahmanet
Kharis, the mummy who appeared in the most classic MUMMY movies, continues to get no respect.
The-mummy-Kharis-featured-in-the-1940s-film-series-including-The-Mummys-Hand-1940-The.png

I'm ambivalent about inventing a new mummy character* for the land. I understand the impulse to do it, for the reasons that have been mentioned, but I again wish we were getting more direct translations of the classic characters from the films.

As this rate, is the land's Wolf Man even Larry Talbot?

* I guess they could be riffing on the Princess Ananka stuff from the last couple MUMMY movies from the 1940s, and if she's name-checked, that would be great...

This is called anecdotal evidence.
I was about to reply that yes it's anecdotal for now but:
Never saw the Tom Cruise Mummy, but wasn't that mummy female? And didn't that movie carry the "Dark Universe" tag line?

In any event, glad they removed that stuff from the Mummy exit! :grinning:

Yes, that's correct, and it bombed spectacularly at the BO too. Nothing will beat the 1999-2001 Mummy film series!
the Dracula and the mummy recent movies did so poorly they kind of ended the entire dark universe stuff. it ended all the plans. I'm sure that a lot of people will be happy for this new land and it will be very popular, and the monsters are very popular during hhn,
but the movies did really really badly. I know that this land has nothing to do with those movies, but those movies are the last time we saw the monsters on screen.

View attachment 22331
Alicia is right again… he was hidden real well in the art

Could it be Imhotep & Anck-es-en-Amon? With Imhotep in the above image and Anck in the other?

I was about to reply that yes it's anecdotal for now but:

the Dracula and the mummy recent movies did so poorly they kind of ended the entire dark universe stuff. it ended all the plans. I'm sure that a lot of people will be happy for this new land and it will be very popular, and the monsters are very popular during hhn,
but the movies did really really badly. I know that this land has nothing to do with those movies, but those movies are the last time we saw the monsters on screen.

What's your point?

Have you been reading Nyberg tweets? Lmao

Could he be a new Mummy? I mean, Frankie is new this time 'round!
Could be. Still not sure how I feel about the monster being “new”. Hope in the actual land it just boils down to Victoria reanimating the original monster with a few of her own upgrades, making it both her creation but the same character and personality we know.

Reactions: Ahmanet