Dead Exposure: Death Valley (HHN 2024) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Dead Exposure: Death Valley (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Occam's razor, guys. I'm guessing that suit was just too much.
That was my guess. I've done DE 3 times now and did not see the gorilla once. If I had to speculate, they either didn't have a tag out from the start, or the tag out was overwhelmed by the suit and the heat very early on, and it was probably recognized shortly after by supervisors or whoever that the suit for the remaining performer was unworkable in the heat as well, despite them managing to persist for week 1.

I remember hearing back in 2018 that a bunch of Demogorgons were passing out in the break room from how not breathable those suits were, and I've had a friend recall a few years back a very similar issue in Origins over at Knotts where one tag out for the Catawampus switched roles very early on due to how cumbersome that suit was, and the other tag out did shortly after that, requiring them to recast mid-season and only have 1 catawampus the rest of the year.
Big creature suits are hard as heck to work in let alone in these conditions.

With tag outs, would it make sense that the worst time to go through a maze is every 30 minutes? Like 6, 6:30, 7, 7:30 etc etc. I hate getting a room where a character is switching or clearly just left. One time I got Leatherface peeling off the face of a table........not a human, a table! Good for him for committing to the bit tho.

Do they switch off in full view of guests or do they hold the line to allow the house to clear and actors to switch?

Do they switch off in full view of guests or do they hold the line to allow the house to clear and actors to switch?
You won't often see two of the same character as they swap out, but you will sometimes see the current on stage actor leave set while youre walking through, most mazes have built in backstage corridors to make it easy for them to get through without disturbing the guest flow.

After 2 weekends I can confirm the cast for this house (like the other houses) is not fully staffed resulting in empty booholes/scenes. This includes the damn dirty zombie ape.

From last night:

20240916_114856.jpg
You will either see THIS... or

20240916_115009.jpg
20240916_115128.jpg
Last night, the zombie was in a lab coat instead of the hazmat suit.

Depending on which cast you get will depend on if you see this recent change or not.