Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry everyone, but after thinking about it for a while, I retract my support for this new attraction. I've just simply come to a realization that I was in denial when speaking positively about Despicable Me. I've now lost all of my interest in this ride, so much that I don't even want to ride it, even if it gets positive reviews. It's not because it's replacing Nicktoon Blast (I'm not THAT biased, if Nicktoon Blast was being replaced by a How to Train your Dragon ride, I wouldn't be able to describe in words how excited I would be for it.), but it's simply because I hate the premise for this attraction. And when I hate a premise, there's no way to sell me on it. Plus, I do think that Despicable Me is a vastly overrated movie.

There. I just had to get that off my chest.

And with that, I'll leave this thread alone. Carry on.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Sorry everyone, but after thinking about it for a while, I retract my support for this new attraction. I've just simply come to a realization that I was in denial when speaking positively about Despicable Me. I've now lost all of my interest in this ride, so much that I don't even want to ride it, even if it gets positive reviews. It's not because it's replacing Nicktoon Blast (I'm not THAT biased, if Nicktoon Blast was being replaced by a How to Train your Dragon ride, I wouldn't be able to describe in words how excited I would be for it.), but it's simply because I hate the premise for this attraction. And when I hate a premise, there's no way to sell me on it. Plus, I do think that Despicable Me is a vastly overrated movie.

There. I just had to get that off my chest.

And with that, I'll leave this thread alone. Carry on.

:lol: I hope you feel better :thumbs:.

But tbh I feel your thinking/caring far too much about this it's only a ride and you shouldn't refuse to ride it just because you don't like the premise. I think your over analysing it. At the end of the day probably about 80% if not more guests at UOR have no idea/clue JN is closing and DM is coming, us members here are just too big theme park nerds :lol:. I feel this post may come across as offensive, I sincerely didn't mean for it too.

Last edited:
^ Word! We dorks! But educated dorks none the less! :lol:

:lol: I hope you feel better :thumbs:.

But tbh I feel your thinking/caring far too much about this it's only a ride and you shouldn't refuse to ride it just because you don't like the premise. I think your over analysing it. At the end of the day probably about 80% if not more guests at UOR have no idea/clue JN is closing and DM is coming, us members here are just too big theme park nerds :lol:. I feel this post may come across as offensive, I sincerely didn't mean for it too.
Woah, you did not just call us nerds! We're... we're... we're... Ah, who am I kidding, we ARE nerds, aren't we? :lol:

If all of the Nicktoons shows featured in Jimmy were not off the air I would not want to see it go. Jimmy did what it set out to do really well. It combined kid's three favorite things, let them jump up and down, watch cartoons, and get splashed with water. While it may be a poor ride for us theme park fans, it was never made to be. I also find Despicable Me overrated because the best part was the minions and that is like saying that someone watches Return of the Jedi for the Ewoks. While a humorous addition I can not see a ride(or franchise) being pulled by side-characters. My expectations are low for the new ride and I only hope that the kids that loved Nicktoon Blast will like DM just as much.

I was very skeptical at first and everything but no one listened, and now everyone is starting to hate the idea of this ride, lol. To be honest, I don't mind this ride coming. In fact, I watched the movie and found it to be a good premise for a children's ride. I just don't like the idea of placing it in Production Central but I said that over and over, so there's nothing left but to ride it and see how well it came out.

I am very excited about the ride. DM is a very smart and a very cute movie. Even though it's animated, I think it's written pretty well. I have faith the ride will be just as good. As for the premise, I am in favor of a change of pace. Rather than Vector just stealing the girls and us chasing them along with Gru. I love Nickeloden, but I would rather have no Nick than the scraps we had left without the Studios.

Quick photo update on the status of the Neutron building.

031-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

kinda sad, ain't it?

Wow. They need to put a wall up with minions on it real quick. That looks too depressing.