Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just remember the last thing that opened in the spring... *cough*June18th*cough*

LOL! True... and remember it was Christmas 2009 before then too :p I think that's why they're not announcing even estimated dates for the new attractions and upgrades.

I'm nervous about the dance party at the end that was spoken about

I'm also guessing we'll be shaking around a lot on our simulator seats, just like during Neutron's chicken dance ;)

From Screamscape

A few interesting new items have come to light regarding the new Despicable Me attraction at Universal Studios Florida. According to an interesting bit of descriptive text sent my way, the new 3D adventure ride will feature a new HD digital projection system, fog / smoke effects as well as something described as a “drop-away floor”. It’s that last item that has me scratching my head a bit, as I’m not exactly sure just what a drop-away floor would be for, as guests ride in motion-based pods, unless this particular effect is something unique for the pre-show experience perhaps. Anyone know more?

From Screamscape

Huh. Only a one thing comes to mind when I hear "drop away floor".

The only floor I can see "dropping away" is the one around the ride vehicles, which would mean their motion has been increased.

Or it could be something I just have no idea about.

Or it could just be a crappy Screamscape rumor.

I'm a Uni fanboy way more than Disney, but I can really appreciate the themed coverings Dieney puts up to hide ugly things like that thing sticking up over the wall... Come on Uni...

I'm a Uni fanboy way more than Disney, but I can really appreciate the themed coverings Dieney puts up to hide ugly things like that thing sticking up over the wall... Come on Uni...

Do you mean the outdoor covering? Why would they cover it up when it's likely to be constructed on very shortly. It's not permanent :shrug:

Permanence, or better yet, the lack thereof, should never interfere with the theming of an area. The colors are off, and the minions are few. I would have made them an extension of the soundstage design (creme and purple with those vertical accents), and placed hard posters of the ride all along with perhaps a deco-style border. As you progress throughout the park, the idea of construction should never be present, even though it's sometimes inevitable.

Reactions: Felipe
While I was leaving from the final voyage on Jaws last night, I could see over the Despicable Me wall and the lights were on inside. There were people working in it too.

Can't remember if I posted this or not but definitely no indoor queue. Boooo!

Kong scare kids, Universal want family money. NEED BIG AMERICAN FAMILY PAYCHECK

Kong scare kids, Universal want family money. NEED BIG AMERICAN FAMILY PAYCHECK

That explains why they're going with Potter, which is aimed at Toddlers and small kids :thumbs:

--- Update ---

^ Not to worry Universal will be able to pick from the 1 million new pass holders they plan to pick up in the next 48 months to replace you and about 17 others who can't stand Potter.

Oh btw, I don't even have an AP :lol:

I really hope this ride is as good as the movie and I really dont care if they have an indoor queue or not as long as they get a good entertaning ride that I would want to re-ride again & again then i'll be happy :smiley:

I really hope this ride is as good as the movie and I really dont care if they have an indoor queue or not as long as they get a good entertaning ride that I would want to re-ride again & again then i'll be happy :smiley:

I care about an indoor queue! I'd rather have climate control and be comfy while I stand around, than be in the heat and humidity or the freezing cold temperatures and wind we're having lately... But oh well...