Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Update from Orlando Rocks (no real change from ^hateytofly's post though :look:)

usf_despicable_me_1_14_2012%20(1).jpg

usf_despicable_me_1_14_2012%20(2).jpg

usf_despicable_me_1_14_2012%20(3).jpg

The official name, and perhaps even the official logo, have been online for quite some time over at ParkRumors.com, but I guess no one noticed or cared? Here's the image, from a pressed penny machine that was in CityWalk and later removed/changed I guess:

mmlogo.jpg

http://uor.parkrumors.com/despicable-me-minion-mayhem/

Universal even recently filed a trademark for the use of the name "Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem", so I'm assuming that's pretty much the finalized name for the ride...

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
The name has been on the construction wall for months. :lol:

The official name, and perhaps even the official logo, have been online for quite some time over at ParkRumors.com, but I guess no one noticed or cared? Here's the image, from a pressed penny machine that was in CityWalk and later removed/changed I guess:

mmlogo.jpg

http://uor.parkrumors.com/despicable-me-minion-mayhem/

Universal even recently filed a trademark for the use of the name "Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem", so I'm assuming that's pretty much the finalized name for the ride...
Oh wow. Nice name. I like it.

My only question is the whole turning riders into Minions. Will it be something tacky like (the best example I could find) how this guy's face is on a facial hair? Or am I totally of base?

[video=youtube;fh1nI0mxQnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1nI0mxQnM[/video]

My only question is the whole turning riders into Minions. Will it be something tacky like (the best example I could find) how this guy's face is on a facial hair? Or am I totally of base?

I have a strong feeling they're gonna make the vehicles dance to Boogie Fever :bonk:

[video=youtube;fh1nI0mxQnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1nI0mxQnM[/video]

Personally I don't think it'll be anything more than saying something like "When you put on these glasses you will become Minions." like when ITTBAB makes you "honorary bugs" by putting the glasses on.

I don't think it's going to be an actual transformation that happens on screen.

Personally I don't think it'll be anything more than saying something like "When you put on these glasses you will become Minions." like when ITTBAB makes you "honorary bugs" by putting the glasses on.

I don't think it's going to be an actual transformation that happens on screen.

I don't know. They have been making a point of this over and over again in pretty much every press release and announcement. So it makes me think that it is simply more than just "putting on your 3D glasses"

Like I've said before:

We will walk in, and sit down in the ride vehicles. They will lower the bars and Gru will come on the screen he will say something along the lines of "Welcum new recruits...blah blah blah, experiement, blah blah, i'm awesome, blah blah" He will flip a switch, a light/laser show fills the room and then we are told to put on our minion goggles while the room is full and we become minions.

One thing I'm kind of hoping for too is possibly the removal of the old screen, and replaced with one that is more oval and kind of surrounds the room, similar to the T2 screen and film.

What's the capacity like for this? I remember Jimmy hitting over 120 minute waits on busy days and Despicable Me stands to be a lot more popular (and seems like a much hotter property) than Jimmy ever was.