Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think this is a good ride, not the best in the park, but the 4K projectors are great. However then I went on the Simpsons, and it felt really old compared to Despicable Me.

This can be compared to Forbidden Journey's appearance after Spider-Man's refurb. I think if/once the projectors are updated, this won't be the case anymore. :thumbs:

I experienced this attraction on Saturday 7/7. The posted wait time was 80 minutes but we only waited 40 (I timed it). I thought the two pre show rooms were well done. I enjoyed the ride itself. I'm not a huge DM fan but think this is a great family attraction added to the park. I do miss the chicken dance though :p

That's actually a "reflection" of the preshow room we're in. So it makes it look like they're in a control room behind glass.

You can see the mirrored Gru "G" fairly easily in this picture.

dsc039241.jpg

Oh wow! That is neat. I was all the way in the front, so it was kind of hard to tell it was a reflection effect. Very cool idea.

If anyone has Comcast, be sure to visit On-Demand, click on Top Picks, Despicable Me, and then on "The Making of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem." It's a pretty fantastic 6-7min featurette of the making of the attraction. Lots of behind the scene shots from inside the ride during construction, and great behind the scenes video of the main actors doing their voice-overs.

Not a Comcast customer but I'd rather avoid the spoilers. Haven't ridden this yet and dying to!

It is nice to see Comcast not only support their parks financially but also through other outlets that they own. It is a fun little attraction. Maybe we'll get to see such content for bigger projects on one of the NBC Universal channels like Disney used to do with their broadcast affiliate and then the Disney Channel.

I recorded it with my camera. Uploading it now to Youtube. Not -the- best recording, but pretty good.

Edit: Here you go. Like I said, not the best, but still good!

[video=youtube;4nXS4J15sd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXS4J15sd0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: jtsalien
This is the first time in like 7 or 8 years I haven't been pissed off paying my Comcast bill. :lol:

Hi, This is my first post.
I went to Universal this past week for three days and went on Despicable me 2 and a half times. It was the longest wait time and I did not have an express pass. The first time I went on it, i sat in the last transformation pod right by the door, and the 3D was not great quality. The second time was awesome, I was right in the middle and everything worked perfectly. I decided to ride Despicable me last because of the long wait. I waited about an hour and a half and about one minute into the ride it stopped. The ride froze, we were stuck for about ten minutes and they evacuated us after trying to restart it and going through some trivia questions. They lowered each vehicle one at a time and when I was walking away I saw a woman behind the screen telling someone on the phone that someone messed with something. We got an express pass slip for one ride and not even a dance party. I will upload a picture of the frozen screen later.

If anyone has Comcast, be sure to visit On-Demand, click on Top Picks, Despicable Me, and then on "The Making of Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem." It's a pretty fantastic 6-7min featurette of the making of the attraction. Lots of behind the scene shots from inside the ride during construction, and great behind the scenes video of the main actors doing their voice-overs.

Why must I be a dish customer :'(