Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I absolutely love Minion Mayhem, they hit this one out of the park in terms of bringing new life to an attraction. The whole experience is great. I think the wait time can be a little deceiving depending on how you view it. It seems they're including the two pre-show rooms in the wait time. Personally, the only wait I think about time-wise is the switchback area outside the building, and when it says 75, you're actually only spending about 45 outside, maybe 50, I believe. The actual wait time when I've gotten in line at 75 was probably closer to an hour including the two pre-show rooms.

I absolutely love Minion Mayhem, they hit this one out of the park in terms of bringing new life to an attraction. The whole experience is great. I think the wait time can be a little deceiving depending on how you view it. It seems they're including the two pre-show rooms in the wait time. Personally, the only wait I think about time-wise is the switchback area outside the building, and when it says 75, you're actually only spending about 45 outside, maybe 50, I believe. The actual wait time when I've gotten in line at 75 was probably closer to an hour including the two pre-show rooms.

I've noticed Universal is pretty liberal with it's wait times, as I've seen ten minute waits for attractions and I literally walk on to them. I would say 75 minutes means more like 50.

^ Yes they are and usually the posted wait is longer than actual. Unless of course its HHN's then its a crap shoot :lol:

Here I am stuck on Despicable Me, the only funny thing is the minions told us to STOP...
photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylethejoker/7625940272/in/photostream

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to ride this attraction this morning. It was great, much better than Jimmy Neutron. It was the first thing I rode right in the morning, and afterwards it went from being a walk-on to already have a 25 minute wait. On Friday night when I was there the posted wait stayed at over 90 minutes anytime past 4pm. I did however check out the minion dance party on Friday, which was pretty cute.

Better than jimmy neutron, but come on universal we want actual rides. Not to look at a screen, that's why jaws was great. It was the real thing. It made you feel as If you we're there.

Better than jimmy neutron, but come on universal we want actual rides. Not to look at a screen, that's why jaws was great. It was the real thing. It made you feel as If you we're there.

I hear what you're saying. People have been saying the same things for ages. However, do you really think there was enough room there? Uni doesn't exactly have that much land to play with.

I rode this attraction 4 times last week, thank you hotel express pass, and everytime at the end of the ride, people applauded, myself included. I thought it was great and way better than Jimmy Neutron and imo, a welcome addition to Studios. It makes Stitch's Great Escape look like a complete joke, which it always has been anyway.

I give credit where it's due and good job Universal!

I rode this attraction 4 times last week, thank you hotel express pass, and everytime at the end of the ride, people applauded, myself included. I thought it was great and way better than Jimmy Neutron and imo, a welcome addition to Studios. It makes Stitch's Great Escape look like a complete joke, which it always has been anyway.

I give credit where it's due and good job Universal!

Okay, I'll bite. How on Earth did you think this was supposed to be anything like Stitch?

Okay, I'll bite. How on Earth did you think this was supposed to be anything like Stitch?

I didn't mean to imply that I was comparing the two rides and thinking they were alike. What I was trying to do was that I found it amazing that Universal took a older ride that was losing popularity (Jimmy Neutron) overhauled it and gave us Despicable Me. It's a great ride from start to finish and a even a better experience families can enjoy together.

On the other hand, you have WDW who took a lame attraction that didn't belong in MK in the first place (Alien Encounter) and actually made it worse by cheaply retheming it to Stitch's Great Escape. It's like WDW management didn't even bother to try. It's a terrible waste of prime real estate in MK and we the fans of these theme parks deserve better.

I bet a lot of theme park goers to MK would love to see a quality attraction like Despicable Me Minion Mayhem in the spot where Stitch's is. I know I would.

Bottom line for me is, that Universal hit out of the park with this ride and good for them.

All I'm going to say is Alien Encounter was way better than any simulator, and the MK would be a better park right now if something of its quality and genre was still there.

That sounds fair enough. Way better than what I've seen at Spidey or MIB.

I don't know if things are being changed, but it seemed almost identical when I went on Spidey the other week. They pulled about two rows from express, maybe three depending on the line, then the rest from the regular line/single riders.

Express protocal for DM is pretty tight for stand bye guest though not as bad as Shrek when it first opened. That was without a doubt the worst ever but Express protocol is leap years better than Fastpass. I have personally seen cast members at Buzz empty the entire FP queue and keep it open to FP's only with empty vehicles cycling through. The stand bye climbed from 25 mins when I entered to 75 mins when I exited. I actually screamed at the two cast members since I was in front of Buzz. The queue went silent, the two CM's quickly reopened stand bye, and the crowd literally cheered for me and was high fiving me :lol:

Reactions: BJCool
I don't know if things are being changed, but it seemed almost identical when I went on Spidey the other week. They pulled about two rows from express, maybe three depending on the line, then the rest from the regular line/single riders.

That is really great to hear. For the past two years my experiences (most frequently with Spidey), have been just a tad better yet very similar to what Hatetofly just commented about with Buzz over at MK. Nearly all attention went to Express, and then darted to Single Riders before finally coming to the regular line, but only taking one party, if they were small enough. It came to a point that I just gave up and got into a habit of riding as a single rider on every ride. I'll be sure to check it out in September when I get back over there.

Since I can't recall anyone ever posting this, here is the "How Tall Are You?" board in the front of the park with the new DM:MM logo.

From OTPN

iomxSzXl3Z4Ll.JPG

ibm8Cb8joRN3mk.JPG