Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

they could easily update this ride to add new story lines and characters...in other words they can bust a star tours if they wanted. but i just dont see universal having the balls to do it. same for simpsons .

they could easily update this ride to add new story lines and characters...in other words they can bust a star tours if they wanted. but i just dont see universal having the balls to do it. same for simpsons .
Agreed, the theme park theming for the Simpsons ride really gives an option for a wide variety of storylines/characters. Have sideshow bob put them in different death traps each time, etc.

Same for Despicable me, they could easily go into other parts of the secret lab and update the ride this way...

Maybe I never noticed it before but this street sign looks new to me.  Saw it for the first time 11/29/2015.

Minions_112915_1.jpg

Does anybody have a photo of Orlando's stationary seating? I could've sworn there was an open portion to slide a wheelchair in there.

Regardless, it's great to see that. It'll help with capacity for sure.

So, i'm going to go quick here..and its not that i hate the attraction..but its just what i expected.

I expected this attraction to be cute, charming, having great animation and a great pre-show. But; i want to address some more thoughts.

First off, the area. Outside of Potter; this is my favorite land at USH. It has such a charming atmosphere, with a great attention to detail; and considering Potter, this is a area that i wish i could've taken a bunch of pictures of. I didn't get the chance to ride Swirly..but that was more my decision, as it is something small. But; i loved how they handled the doorbells, the details around the neighborhood and the photo-ops of the minions all around SSFL. Can't wait to look around this area again.

As for the main ETicket (or, D-Ticket is what i'd call it); I want to address that i thought the line was what it should've been, especially considering the location that DMMM is housed in. And for what its worth, the animation in the line video (that isn't a compilation of scenes from DM1 and its three Shorts) looks great. And in the Preshows, as stated te animation was simple; and neat to look; even if the first preshow I barely saw. 

The second preshow, was interesting; more in the screen up front, as its animation was great for that resolution. And the banana gun i was trying to look more, "where" in that regard. And as for the ride itself, i was in the far (and i mean, FAR) left corner of the ride room so I guess I should try to go into the middle next time to get a more..complete experience. And for what its worth, the ride vehicle motion works fine, and the animation quality of the screen portion is outstanding (I really say alot about the Animation..huh) as it had a cute and heartwarming story of you being recruited with some fun suprises.

All in all, i enjoyed DMMM thoroughly but it'd wouldn't be the first thing i'd flock over to, especially considering Potter (the true king of the park) and how well thats done.

Rating:

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem: 4/5

(I am exteremely curious on SLOP now BTW, especially after riding DMMM on how they'll handle that)

I did DMMM yesterday and I don't give it such high praise.  I agree its a "D" class ride with "A" class treatment.  Hollywood's is superior to Orlando's on all fronts, however the real praise comes from SSFL because its completely original for the property even if its nearly a copy of Nickelodeon Blast Zone/Curious George.  With SSFL, it gives a more complete ending to the ride which Orlando severely lacks.  Silly Swirly was a good addition, although it could have been a little more than just bland.  I still believe the west end of the park needs to have something else beyond this attraction to help pull guests in this direction.  The Globe Theater is underutilized.

DMMM: 3/5

SSFL: 3.5/5

SS: 2/5

Everyone see the over-sized Minion on top of the ride? Is it a permanent addition or just for the Minion Christmas thing they're doing?

Talk about having an Eye of Sauron looking over the valley like it's the ruler or something..

EDIT: From IU's twitter account, they have posted an update on the giant Minion head being built..

Last edited by a moderator: