Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The preshow where we're in Gru's lab had some major issues today, I didn't ask what happened. The 3 large "window" screens and the 2 side information screens were all super stuttery and were being shown at like 15 frames a second versus the usual 60fps....it was horrible and hurt my eyes and looked so bad.

Reactions: William
I sincerely hope that sometime along the line in the future Universal will give Minion Mayhem a randomized scene technology upgrade, similar to Star Tours 3D. I'm already getting kind of...bored by it. And mainly because I keep getting weird seating positions where I very obviously see the tops and sides of the screen and see the other guests, and it just feels like a movie theatre with giant D Box seats. There needs to be variation.

Or at least a holiday overlay version to break the repetition.

Another thing....similar to the BTTF ride issue, the plot line of it always being the ONE year anniversary of the girl's adoption will get kinda silly. Maybe it's just me...or I gotta take a break from the ride. Haha.

I sincerely hope that sometime along the line in the future Universal will give Minion Mayhem a randomized scene technology upgrade, similar to Star Tours 3D. I'm already getting kind of...bored by it. And mainly because I keep getting weird seating positions where I very obviously see the tops and sides of the screen and see the other guests, and it just feels like a movie theatre with giant D Box seats. There needs to be variation.

Or at least a holiday overlay version to break the repetition.

Another thing....similar to the BTTF ride issue, the plot line of it always being the ONE year anniversary of the girl's adoption will get kinda silly. Maybe it's just me...or I gotta take a break from the ride. Haha.
I always knew this ride would get old quick.  But its about money, not re-ride value.

Doesn't hurt to make it about money AND reride value, with the amount of AP holders, and it promotes repeat visits, and virtually "adds" a new experience since there's a chance guests will see a new version. I think it'd be a smart business move, and wouldn't be expensive! I love that about Star Tours 3D.

Seeing T23D didn't get old for me because the entire experience felt unique and exciting in comparison. Minion Mayhem needs to randomize its experience eventually.

I sincerely hope that sometime along the line in the future Universal will give Minion Mayhem a randomized scene technology upgrade, similar to Star Tours 3D. I'm already getting kind of...bored by it. And mainly because I keep getting weird seating positions where I very obviously see the tops and sides of the screen and see the other guests, and it just feels like a movie theatre with giant D Box seats. There needs to be variation.Or at least a holiday overlay version to break the repetition. Another thing....similar to the BTTF ride issue, the plot line of it always being the ONE year anniversary of the girl's adoption will get kinda silly. Maybe it's just me...or I gotta take a break from the ride. Haha.
I don't recall a number being placed, just "anniversary". But it is weird that everyday is the kids anniversary haha. Just like how every flight was REX's first.

I mean, I don't mind it being the anniversary of the day they were adopted to be honest, that's just me nitpicking. The characters are famous for an known for being perpetually that age, same thing with the Simpsons characters, so that's fine. My only hope is that they upgrade the experience in the future to a random sequence/scene program or at least create a holiday overlay for the attraction with a holiday storyline (Gru/the girls/the Minions trying to save Christmas from disaster, the minions helping Santa deliver presents in crazy and dangerous ways, etc etc)

You are dreaming Allen.  I know, blue sky!  I would love to have one dome return as BTTF, but that won't happen either.  From a profitable standpoint, its not.

Disney makes so much cash and has such a huge fan following that sometimes they are persuasive enough to bring something back when its relatively cheap (Light Parade, Captain EO, etc).  To modify a ride similar to what they did to Revenge of the Mummy is too costly.  Plus, would you rather have them touch Simpsons or DM the way they did Mummy?  I feel Simpsons was already the touch up for BTTF...yuck!  Leave DM alone...just stop riding it when you get tired of it.  That's what I do.

Well the way they touched Mummy was just ruin and remove the ending. I don't think I've seen any other ride or theme park so blatantly ruin a part of their ride haha.

I don't think it's too far fetched. I'm not talking about bringing any ride back or whatever. All I'm blue skying is a randomization system to allow for different scenes like Star Tours 2, because I think it'll benefit the park in the long run. Obviously they wouldn't add it now, but later down the line it'd be a great way to update the ride. Would just require a new program for the ride vehicles and a new randomization system. It's not like changing out physical props. Later down the line in 5-10 years, it'll be a great thing to update to keep the ride fresh, especially with more Minion movies released.

And guests would enjoy it and want to repeat the ride multiple times even more so than no in the hopes of seeing something different.

Well, that could bring up the argument that The Simpsons Ride could use a randomization system. They're essentially the same attraction, just different intellectual properties.
Plus, what other type of ride are you ever going to place on the side of that hill?  That building is there for good.  The video will get changed every 14 years or so...

I don't mind The Simpsons getting a randomization system either! Maybe keep the same plot of visiting Krustyland, but change what happens during the course of the ride and what visual things we see and what "rides" we crash through.

I think it's very important to find a way to keep "simulator only" attractions fresh after a time. Making the scenes randomized would be very exciting, and not that expensive, but still offers something "new". And it "virtually" ups the experience count in my eyes, which is especially important at USH! Ride the same ride but experience something new. Would also help guarantee that guests will want to reride the ride in hopes of seeing something new.

Besides, with Springfield being added, I doubt we'll see Simpsons leave in the next 15 years, if ever. So changing out the ride film or making it a randomized experience would help the longevity of both Simpsons and Minion Mayhem.

Reactions: Chris
f1yzdg.jpg

I just imagined a whole overlay though where Gru wants to dress as Santa for the girls during Christmas and the Minions dress as elves and basically transforms his lab into Santa's workshop to help spread the cheer, but then some stuff goes wrong, and Santa Gru, Minion Elves, and the girls have to work with our help to save Christmas! I think that'd be so fun :)

It could be a cute Minion Holiday Special too.

Reactions: b4ben24
It's already been one year since official opening... time flies! Not a huge fan of the ride but the area itself is still one of my favorite places to lounge around in the park. Truly comes alive at night! 

really wish they took the time to actually theme the extended queue. As soon as you walk through Gru's Door it should all be the interior of his house.It's off putting to go through his front door and all of a sudden it's as if you go to another dimension filled with zig zags and blue...lots of blue, then suddenly your back into gru's home once you enter the show building.

Reactions: Allen The Actor