Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice. 

However they need to get a freaking door stop instead of a trash can to hold that door open. This was a big no-no when I worked there so I'm kind of confused on why they have it that way. Hopefully that will be corrected soon enough.

Reactions: Jonathan
Nice.

However they need to get a freaking door stop instead of a trash can to hold that door open. This was a big no-no when I worked there so I'm kind of confused on why they have it that way. Hopefully that will be corrected soon enough.
But Brover, they're the OFFICIAL trash cans of USH.

Reactions: Ryan
What I would personally be hoped for was actauly a LONGER behind the scenes due to what USH accomplished with DMMM due to it is the First land that Universal Hollywood has done with going more behind on how they wanted to make this as themed as it was and more. But; That's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaySalahi
What I would personally be hoped for was actauly a LONGER behind the scenes due to what USH accomplished with DMMM due to it is the First land that Universal Hollywood has done with going more behind on how they wanted to make this as themed as it was and more. But; That's just me.
Yup. Feels like USF didn't want it and we just added "Universal Studios Hollywood'

Reactions: JaySalahi and Chris
I have some sources at USH and I'm sure you guys'll like this: 

33f9817fdda28fdec793dac37c241b69c2adc8f2.jpg

I've talked to Uni and I can leave this image up for 24hrs. Enjoy while you can, A SSFL render!

Wow, that's great! Thanks for that. Hope you don't get in trouble for that, cuz I rarely hear that corporate businesses like Universal say things like "you can leave it up for 24 hours", cuz you either can/should upload it or can't/shouldn't. No in between. Regardless, thanks for that! Looks identical to what we got except we don't have as many swirls on the ground.

Actually...I don't think we have thos swirls or "chalk drawings" AT ALL, we just have some of the "water shaped splash" next to the water Olay area. The rest is just "boardwalk".

Wow, that's great! Thanks for that. Hope you don't get in trouble for that, cuz I rarely hear that corporate businesses like Universal say things like "you can leave it up for 24 hours", cuz you either can/should upload it or can't/shouldn't. No in between. Regardless, thanks for that! Looks identical to what we got except we don't have as many swirls on the ground.

Actually...I don't think we have thos swirls or "chalk drawings" AT ALL, we just have some of the "water shaped splash" next to the water Olay area. The rest is just "boardwalk".
Yeah.. I found it weird that they let me, but I'm not gonna say no!

And yes, the Water Olay area does have some splash. And it smells of shampoo.

Universal doesn't "leak" images like that, and if they did - they certainly don't do it in a manner that's limited to 24 hours. That image is readily available through a Google Images search, and you can see that a Spanish website posted it first.

http://funny-pictures.picphotos.net/los-minions-descienden-a-universal-studios-hollywood/kioskonews.com*wp-content*uploads*2014*04*SSFL-rendering.jpg/

Please take this seriously and be direct about original sources.
Please check your PM's.

Well, I finally rode Minion Mayhem. 

Glad I got to ride it months in when the operational team has got it down to a science. My luck and gate A passes helped with the obvious flawed queue line, but everything from there on in was very smooth. The themeing (where it exists) is playful, and unlike Simpsons the pre-shows are not cramped and are better paced. I actually like the crowd-style seating. It creates a wonderful open, yet still intimate atmosphere to experience the simulator along with a calm, yet perky crew which is PERFECT for little kids. (well, kids over forty inches) The simulation is very elegant and soft, with the most thrilling aspect being a quick roller coaster drop at the end. The 3D of course depends on the seat that you get. My first ride was in an absolutely horrid position which resulted in a sickly presentation. Luckily by my fourth ride, the two Jons got me in the magic spot (thanks guys!) and it was definitely an improvement. Still, the screen is too curved for some of those positions which makes me scratch my head a little bit.

Super Silly Fun Land is obviously not Diagon Alley but my god it fits what the park needed so badly: a kids' zone. It's quite adorable and while everything may not be 100% perfect, it does everything that it needs to do just swell. If you added a little stage for a Minion stage show or something the area would be complete. (aside from walkaround minions, it was seriously lacking entertainment)

Oh and avoid Gru's Lab Cafe. Like the plague. Ergh.

^ Glad to finally hear your opinion!

Its a great ride for kids and they all seem to love it and quote it and the themeing is great (where it exists)

I agree that it's an absolute hit or miss depending on where you get seated during the ride, which is a disappointment in my opinion. More of a hit or miss than The Simpsons. But it's still really cute.

And yeah, a show featuring the minions would be fantastic!

Oh, and yes, Gru's cafe sucks now imo. Really went downhill since it opened...

I always felt as a kid that rides were more stressful and intimidating due to fast loading and hurried ride op behavior, which as a former employee myself I understand obviously. I can not speak for how Hannah Barbera or Jimmy Neutron was like with loading, but I wouldn't be surprised if this has been handed down all the way from that 1990 operation standards because it absolutely seemed to cater to those nervous young children in presentation. I thought that was actually pretty neat and helps seperate it from every other attraction in the park. Also how they managed to do it without feeling like babying the experience (well, I guess just for me) was really nicely done.

I can't compare it to FL but I was told it was somewhat the same.

And yea I got pretty queasy off of that grilled cheese and pulled pork combo. It didn't sit well with my lack of sleep and dehydration at all. I was so annoyed since I actually waited around for their late opening especially for it.