Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

Maybe it was a DVD. My memory of that is a little fuzzy.

My friend went on Transformers with me once and he was bored of it already. I guess it's just a matter of opinion.. I never get tired of it. If it wasn't such a fascinating and technologically advanced ride, it wouldn't interest me as much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always go to transformers at least once when I go to the park but to me it gets boring a little because you know whats going to happen but anyways its still a great ride

Well that applies to every attraction in the park. I like going on Transformers multiple times because if you look outside of your ride vehicle while riding, you can see the mechanics and some other cool things. If you know the part of the ride where you're in the elevator lift and you look outside of the vehicle (behind/beside you), you can actually see the lift rising.

Well that applies to every attraction in the park. I like going on Transformers multiple times because if you look outside of your ride vehicle while riding, you can see the mechanics and some other cool things. If you know the part of the ride where you're in the elevator lift and you look outside of the vehicle (behind/beside you), you can actually see the lift rising.
I never thought about looking back but it seems interesting so I will just look around to see how it works.

Are you my brother or somethin? Haha I do the same practically on every ride, I'm obsessed with behind the scenes type of stuff.

And I can't get tired of Transformers. It REALLY puts you into the action well. As an actor, I adore that.

Haha! What I love about our park is that we have a limited amount of attractions, which means we end up riding things over and over and over, and every time I experience them, I discover something new and brilliant that just shows how much detail Universal puts into their attractions. Just a few weeks ago, I actually looked up before the drop in JP and noticed so many cool things that made it look like the dinos were really coming to life and tearing the building apart. I tend to appreciate these rides more and more every time I go on them.

It seems a Super Silly Fun Land themed area/attraction really is coming to USH. Article taken from "Orlando Theme Park News":

Universal City Studios LLC recently filed an application for a new trademark that may interest us theme park fans. In fact, the new "Super Silly Fun Land" trademark refers to something related to "amusement park services." Here are some background information regarding this new application, from Trademarkia.com:

SUPER SILLY FUN LAND

By: UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS LLC

Amusement park services

Status Update! On Saturday, May 4, 2013, status on the SUPER SILLY FUN LAND trademark changed to NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER.

On Wednesday, May 01, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for SUPER SILLY FUN LAND by UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS LLC, Universal City, CA 91608. The USPTO has given the SUPER SILLY FUN LAND trademark serial number of 85920625. The current federal status of this trademark filing is NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER. The correspondent listed for SUPER SILLY FUN LAND is MONIQUE CHENG JOE of UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS LLC, 100 UNIVERSAL CITY PLAZA, UNIVERSAL CITY, CA 91608. The SUPER SILLY FUN LAND trademark is filed in the category of Education and Entertainment Services. The description provided to the USPTO for SUPER SILLY FUN LAND is Amusement park services.

Word Mark: SUPER SILLY FUN LAND

Status: NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER

Status Date: 5/4/2013

Serial Number: 85920625

Filing Date: 5/1/2013

Goods and Services: Amusement park services

Type Of Mark: Service Mark

Last Applicant/Owner: UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS LLC

Universal City, CA 91608

Mark Drawing Code: Standard Character Mark

Now, the trademark page includes some photos of "Super Silly Fun Land," which seems to be the amusement park seen in the first Despicable Me movie. For this reason, this might be related to some exterior theming of the clone of the popular Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem ride currently being built at Universal Studios Hollywood. That being said, is there a possibility that we might see some more minor attractions (or an extended Despicable Me themed area) at Universal Studios Florida? Who knows...

See, NOW I'm excited! That's going to look amazing! Will look nice next to the London facades, kind of reminds me of the row homes in London.

My one gripe though is that I hope we wont easily see the show building behind the facades, or any left over "rounded silver" Terminator facade.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Super Silly Fun Land and a larger/more immersive surrounding facade. And hopefully a slightly better ride experience with a double theatre or maybe larger screen, or maybe better queue.

Either way, exciting that for once we'll be getting the better all around experience! (Although our JP ride is still better)

Was this worth it in exchange for losing T2? Nope...lol

That's what I thought too but I see what William is saying, the farthest structure looks wide like his house. Maybe the screen wrinkles make it look that way. It'd be better if his house was in the middle. Looking at it now, the farthest structure is the same height as the others, so hopefully you're right Bob Dylan.