Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the success of the films and USF moving farther away from its studio theming I have a feeling Super Silly Funland could find its way to Orlando(which I hope never happens :angry: )

What if part of Production Central becomes SSFL.

• Shrek 4D -> Minions 4D
  • Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit -> SSFL Coaster
  • Possible Play Area, and Flat Ride
  • and you already have Minion Mayhem    
Anyways do you guys think this could happen? Both coasts need unique experiences :)  .

There is absolutely no way Universal would let the minions take over that much space. While I do feel SSFL could be added to USF, I'd imagine the removal of the Blue Man Group rather than the retheme of 2 wildly popluar attractions. Also, they're in the midst of upgrading Rip Ride Rockit's coasters. It's such a unique roller coaster, and it's still relatively new.

I am wondering now about the ride building itself, still T2 memories on it still. :( I world be surprised if Universal Studios Hollywood doesn't want to repaint the ride building.

I'm really worried about what the wait times will be for this attraction. I sincerely hope they improve the attraction guest count efficiency compared to Florida. It always has high wait times in Florida, sometimes higher than Transformers. I hope they double the capacity here. They KNOW it's going to be a massive success here too. The merchandise is unbelievably hot...

2m6sgv5.jpg

Just a guess, but I think THIS may be how they'll cover the show building from view from the guests. It looks like they're building a structure behind the facades that will feature a background facade of the sky or hills or something. I may be totally off, but thats what it looks like in person. Seems kind of flat though in my opinion. We'll see.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Just a guess, but I think THIS may be how they'll cover the show building from view from the guests. It looks like they're building a structure behind the facades that will feature a background facade of the sky or hills or something. I may be totally off, but thats what it looks like in person. Seems kind of flat though in my opinion. We'll see.
Someone actually pointed that out to me at the Halloween Horror Nights event yesterday. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the show building once we head further into development.

Thanks for the photo, Allen!

No prob! It'll definitely be interesting to see how it turns out. If they do a double layered forced perspective hill or sky type illusion, it might be good. Have that flat layer that they're building in the picture, and then paint the show building to continue the theme.

Also, for those who didn't see it before, Universal has a Super Silly Fun Land themed construction sign behind the wall.

wh0b28.jpg
Interesting. Wonder what it looks like on the other side. You said that is it is a themed construction sign, of course, we all think it is the actual sign for the "land".

Might be, you never know, maybe it's a test sign. I doubt it though. Sometimes Disney and Universal (but more so Disney) make themed construction signs for their workers. Maybe Universal did the same. It looks like one of the creatures that SSFL is themed to.

If DM:MM has a T2 easter egg that would be amazing and does anyone know when this ride is going to open or predict I know its 2014 but predict a month? :)

If DM:MM has a T2 easter egg that would be amazing and does anyone know when this ride is going to open or predict I know its 2014 but predict a month? :)
Wikipedia gives an April 10 opening date. I don't know if that date is reliable. Even if it is, it could be just a target date. It could be earlier or later depending on how fast construction goes along.