DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

DHS Pixar Expansion/Sound Stage 1

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why we're throwing shade here, but either way, every insider over at Magic is saying the same thing. I can't see 5-6 different insiders who have a proven track record being wrong, especially when they are all agreeing on the same thing, which never happens.

Throwing shade? Sorry, I am not familiar with that term. Should I be insulted?

Yea. I'll believe it when I see it.
Hey, i'm still right there with you. I don't think anyone truly believes it at this point.

However, the more insiders that have stories that connect and are sounding positive, i'll at least feel a bit better. I mean, something has to freaking happen to this park. I'm not getting my hopes up, but again, it's not beyond the realm of possibility either with the state that DHS is in.

Hey, i'm still right there with you. I don't think anyone truly believes it at this point.

However, the more insiders that have stories that connect and are sounding positive, i'll at least feel a bit better. I mean, something has to freaking happen to this park. I'm not getting my hopes up, but again, it's not beyond the realm of possibility either with the state that DHS is in.

Again, it's clear SOMETHING is happening. I'm not doubting that. And it's clear it will be substantial. But man I'd be seriously amazed if DHS gets more money than DCA did. DHS is probably in worse shape, but it also doesn't have to live up to Disneyland being right next door

I will also believe it when I see it and I'll try not to get my hopes up but I'm a pretty positive person so I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope

Reactions: martymcflyy85

That's where the "doubt" comes in. We keep hearing it's coming, but no movement. It's been like 3 years? I know there will eventually be movement. I just don't wanna buy into the hype just yet.

Again, it's clear SOMETHING is happening. I'm not doubting that. And it's clear it will be substantial. But man I'd be seriously amazed if DHS gets more money than DCA did. DHS is probably in worse shape, but it also doesn't have to live up to Disneyland being right next door

DHS has some gems and a theme that works in comparison to DCA. If $2B is legit..... I better be supplied with Vaseline and tissues when I enter the completed future DHS park

Was going to say guess we'll find out for sure August 15 but I suppose even if they announce something it could fall through

With all they're closing they have to at least say SOMETHING.

I'm not expecting anything other than "We have big plans in store for _______. First up is a project that has been a magical success at other parks, Toy Story Playland."

The blank is the new name. They'll go into detail about TSPL, and then they'll say something like, "We look forward to revealing more about the epic transformation at a later time."

With all they're closing they have to at least say SOMETHING.

Do they? :lol:

Attendance is "up", people are still paying for 1-day tickets at a 1/4 day park, and a majority of Disney pixie dusters are defending the current state of DHS with "future additions" that still may be 5 years away.

Do they? :lol:

Attendance is "up", people are still paying for 1-day tickets at a 1/4 day park, and a majority of Disney pixie dusters are defending the current state of DHS with "future additions" that still may be 5 years away.
I really don't think they can get away with closing things and not at least teasing some sort of announcement much longer. You're wrong about the pixie dusters imo. I have a bunch of CM friends (who I met on the DCP, the worst of the worst pixie dusters) who are all posting on facebook the past few days complaining, starting to get mad at Disney and some (who went on to work at Universal) saying things like "Disney and magic/animation are growing farther apart and Disney and money grow closer together."

It's imperative they at the very least announce a new name and that a re-do is coming. If they are smart, they'll announce TSPL at the least. People aren't asking for much, they just want to know what the hell is going on.

I really don't think they can get away with closing things and not at least teasing some sort of announcement much longer. You're wrong about the pixie dusters imo. I have a bunch of CM friends (who I met on the DCP, the worst of the worst pixie dusters) who are all posting on facebook the past few days complaining, starting to get mad at Disney and some (who went on to work at Universal) saying things like "Disney and magic/animation are growing farther apart and Disney and money grow closer together."

It's imperative they at the very least announce a new name and that a re-do is coming. If they are smart, they'll announce TSPL at the least. People aren't asking for much, they just want to know what the hell is going on.

"A majority of Disney pixie dusters"

I've already been in one debate on Twitter about how DHS has to wait because Animal Kingdom is getting Avatar. I've also seen other people championing the future DHS whenever someone brings up the point of the current state of affairs. Hell, earlier this thread derailed because MyMagic+ was used as an "rationale" as to why DHS hasn't built anything, yet MK, Epcot, AK and Disney Springs are all getting work done. Don't tell me I'm wrong when I've seen it firsthand from both sides of the debate.

Reactions: Thor
You're wrong about the pixie dusters imo. I have a bunch of CM friends (who I met on the DCP, the worst of the worst pixie dusters) who are all posting on facebook the past few days complaining, starting to get mad at Disney and some (who went on to work at Universal) saying things like "Disney and magic/animation are growing farther apart and Disney and money grow closer together."

I've read enough tweets to know that they are not the worst of the worsts. I saw people naming things like Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Honey I Shrunk the Kids to defend it as still a full-day park. Disney fanboys will find any way to support every decision that Disney makes.

Fine, fine, I concede lol.

Any park can be a full day park if you REALLY want to make it one, but realistically, you should be able it be in and out of DHS in 3-4 hours.

Fine, fine, I concede lol.

Any park can be a full day park if you REALLY want to make it one, but realistically, you should be able it be in and out of DHS in 3-4 hours.

:lol:

I agree they SHOULD announce something - but would we be surprised if they didn't based on everything as of late?

As far as DHS Full-Day.... DHS has 5 rides and 5 shows; do people want to sit through alllllll the shows? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.