Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a round trip on the Hogwarts Express tonight. I agree, it's not a ride. It is a themed experience. From the second you enter King's Cross station you are transported to the world of Harry Potter. They nailed this attraction.

i agree. my other half and i were amazed at how real kings cross felt, not like a theme park attraction. we got a kick out of the upstairs stuff as well. fantastic experience! we didn't do round trip, got off and went to explore hogsmeade at night so there is still something left to be explored…hopefully tomorrow!

The Universal facebook page posted an article stating that the HE will be open for "limited hours" between now and the 8th, but not Diagon Alley. I just hope they have it open early in the day tomorrow, since I work at 4 and probably need to be on my way home by 2 or so.

I got to KC at 9:15 and it wasn't open with like 15 people out front. I stood for 5 minutes and they opened and I got on the first train to Hogsmeade. TMs are saying it's open all day.

So is there any chance of Diagon opening in the next few days at all or are we only looking at softs for HE between now and July 8?

That's what the article says, HE softs until 8th and then DA on the 8th. Which will make 8th and onwards insane with crowds.

What is going on with the package holders? They were supposed to get in the last two days in the evening, did they?

So is there any chance of Diagon opening in the next few days at all or are we only looking at softs for HE between now and July 8?

I asked a TM and he said don't expect Diagon to open until the 8th, they aren't expecting to soft open Diagon or Gringotts, just HE.

Well someone just shared this pic on twitter (@laurenlikesnaps):

Brj7ws0CMAAdlfI.jpg

I wouldn't go crazy over it. They could be preparing for the hectic opening day by getting markers in place to be set out for the long lines.

I wouldn't go crazy over it. They could be preparing for the hectic opening day by getting markers in place to be set out for the long lines.

They're not putting signs and temp queue for something 6 days away. Sorry, man.

Now it doesn't mean it will soft open, but obviously this is a step towards it.

They're not putting signs and temp queue for something 6 days away. Sorry, man.

Now it doesn't mean it will soft open, but obviously this is a step towards it.

Agreed about putting up relocatable signs and queue in the guest areas during operating hours... This looks like something they wanted #potterwatch-ers to tweat about.

(Also they kind of look like picketers, hope someone does something hilarious with this pic!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.