Disney Acquiring Lucasfilm | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Acquiring Lucasfilm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Iger: "We have ample opportunity to include the presence of this franchise in our parks. There's room to grow." He mentioned Shanghai and Hong Kong specifically.

Last edited:
Excited about not-crap Lucasfilm's. Apathetic about what they'll do in the parks. If it actually happens I'll be excited, but we are talkign about TDO here.

Here's your Harry Potter killer. While it makes more sense than the Marvel acquisition (based on the existing relationship and extensive merchandising), I'm absolutely stunned by this move. Never thought Lucas would let it go.
Totally agree. He seems to be pretty dictatorial in regards to how he runs his empire. Figured we could have his lightsaber when we pried it from his cold, dead fingers :lol:

Lucas let it go himself quite a bit years ago.

Or on a more serious note, makes you wonder how he is health wise. He knows he is not going to live forever and he wants to have the company in creative hands.

This is MAJOR news for the Walt Disney Company, but not sure why this would mean anything for the parks here. They've had Star Wars theme park rights for 25 years and have only done what you've already seen on both coasts. If there was any intention of making it a land in our parks, wouldn't this have already come up sometime between 1987 and today?

I don't know what I think about this, the new trilogy were pretty poor in comparison to the originals. I dare to wonder what the next three will be like, don't worry guys Star Wars land won't open till 2022.

It won't kill them, but it'll help Disney regain some face.

No Indiana Jones usage though, apparently, that's disappointing.

According to Marc Graser of Variety, the deal DOES include Indy.

To me, what's most important about this is ILM and Skywalker Sound. They want everything in-house now.

I'm going out on a limb and say to heck w/ Star Wars Land, bring on the 5th Gate. The possibilities are endless.

This is MAJOR news for the Walt Disney Company, but not sure why this would mean anything for the parks here. They've had Star Wars theme park rights for 25 years and have only done what you've already seen on both coasts. If there was any intention of making it a land in our parks, wouldn't this have already come up sometime between 1987 and today?

Possibly, but Potter in IOA changed the Orlando landscape where it would have become serious talk since 2010.

According to Marc Graser of Variety, the deal DOES include Indy.

To me, what's most important about this is ILM and Skywalker Sound. They want everything in-house now.

I'm going out on a limb and say to heck w/ Star Wars Land, bring on the 5th Gate. The possibilities are endless.

No 5th gate, please! :lol:

Although, a 3rd park in Cali sounds a whole lot sexier...

Star Wars Land/Marvel Land.... together.....

Well... I don't condone this on the boards; but HOLY **** !

Best news: George Lucas will serve as Creative Consultant to the film.

If I'm paying $4B for this, I'm keeping George Lucas far far away. Or let him pitch his ideas, then send him on his way and laugh after he leaves the room.

I think this is great and the possibilities are endless but let's not get ahead of ourselves for a Lucas Land at least here in Orlando. This is a major media move and will greatly expand upon media usage and more movies. The thing that I wonder about is Disney owning ILM, are competitors going to be a little upset their signing over big bucks to the Walt Disney Company?

I think this is great and the possibilities are endless but let's not get ahead of ourselves for a Lucas Land at least here in Orlando. This is a major media move and will greatly expand upon media usage and more movies. The thing that I wonder about is Disney owning ILM, are competitors going to be a little upset their signing over big bucks to the Walt Disney Company?

ILM is the best. If other studios want the best....they'll pay for them. :lol:

ILM is the best. If other studios want the best....they'll pay for them. :lol:

WETA really gives them a run for their money with what they did for LOTR, King Kong, Avatar, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. So they could always use WETA.

I just hope the new Star Wars films don't use greenscreen studios and tons of CGI.

Also it would be great if they released the original trilogy unaltered on Blu-ray.