Disney Cracking Down on Selfie Sticks | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Cracking Down on Selfie Sticks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think selfie sticks pose a big problem to Universal. If you're on a ride you can't have them, here's a place to put them along with all your other junk. The problem comes from Disney's lack of decent storage for things that can cause problems and not easily monitored or stopped.
Disney doesn't need that for most rides though. Uni has it for the rides they have it at either because they go upside down, lots of spinning or they go fast at points. Not that some Disney rides don't do that, but generally i'm not worried about losing anything on a ride at Disney (nor would I be at Uni, but nonetheless i'm forced).

And on the selfie stick thing, not only does Uni still allow them, they SELL THEM. So they clearly don't give af :lol:

What people forget is selfie sticks are just dangerous in any situation with large groups. It's like having a golf club waving around in a group of people; guest will get hit.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
I would guess that if Universal doesn't ban selfie sticks soon, they will at least be banned from HHN. Apparently there is a concern that people may use them as weapons now...

I would guess that if Universal doesn't ban selfie sticks soon, they will at least be banned from HHN. Apparently there is a concern that people may use them as weapons now...
As a former scare-actor, I can see this. I'd almost be a little worried for the actors with people carelessly flailing those things around, specifically the stilt walkers.

What people forget is selfie sticks are just dangerous in any situation with large groups. It's like having a golf club waving around in a group of people; guest will get hit.
If I got hit with one it would be snatched and thrown to the ground...

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz