Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Real life "Let's Make A Deal". Waiting for Comcast's next move.:) ....reminds me of the scene in the movie "The Quiet Man" when John Wayne bids against Victor McLaglen for his ancestral Irish home.....Done, done & done.

Reactions: Disneyhead
That brings up a good question. I wonder if either of these companies would change the name of the tv broadcast network or studio and ditch the Fox name entirely.
Fox name will be completely gone from the Fox assets after this asset sale.

It's like how AT&T changed name of Time Warner because there's too much confusion between the cable company and entertainment company.

Fox name is too toxic to keep. We'll see name changes.

Fox name will be completely gone from the Fox assets after this asset sale.

It's like how AT&T changed name of Time Warner because there's too much confusion between the cable company and entertainment company.

Fox name is too toxic to keep. We'll see name changes.
I wouldn't expect Disney to change the Fox name in all cases, especially when they need a different umbrella for their non-family friendly programming. Also, I would hate to lose the classic Fox fanfare before movies!

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I wouldn't expect Disney to change the Fox name in all cases, especially when they need a different umbrella for their non-family friendly programming. Also, I would hate to lose the classic Fox fanfare before movies!
They may drop the Fox name and keep 21st Century alone like in the old days before Fox bought 20th Century.

But I do expect the Fox name to disappear off the assets.

Only FX is likely to remain with its name.

Would Disney get the Fox TV network in the deal? Would they be allowed to own that and ABC at the same time?

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I haven't paid that much attention, but along those same lines: What about Fox Sports 1, etc, when they already own ESPN stations?

Would Disney get the Fox TV network in the deal? Would they be allowed to own that and ABC at the same time?

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I haven't paid that much attention, but along those same lines: What about Fox Sports 1, etc, when they already own ESPN stations?
Nope those are being spun out into a "New Fox" with Fox, Fox News/Business, Fox Sports 1-2, BTN.

Three questions were asked at the same time so it made the answer somewhat unclear. Is Rupert Murdoch keeping the local Fox affiliate stations in the US?
Yes, only the Fox Regional Sports Networks are included in the sale; the main Fox affiliates are staying with "New Fox".