Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel bad for the independent cinemas but the reality their product is less and less of a consumer demand. Most people don't want to go to the theaters anymore. Sure there are demographics that still will go but the niche art houses are a dying breed. Just a sign of the times.

That's an understatement. Theaters always adapt to the changes and have survived the era of television, cable network, VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray products. There will always be a population that will seek entertainment outside the home, especially compared to what the theater experience has to offer compared to home. The gigaplex model works well for making money for the sake of customer satisfaction. But, the more community-oriented theaters become, the stronger they are. You may have a good point about cable TV, similar to how DVD sales kills VHS.

Reactions: RevFreako
Here's to hoping Simpsons 2 and Bob's Burgers are among those films.

Isn't Bob's Burgers supposed to come out in July? I thought they've been public on that one.

As far as The Simpsons Movie 2, that has to be a lock for one of those dates. I also have to wonder if we'll see a proper revamp of Ice Age (or at-least a continuation, considering Disney's going to keep on with Blue Sky at Disney+). I'm additionally curious to wonder where we could see the potential for Alien to pop up, considering it being one of the bigger Fox IP's included.

Here's to hoping Simpsons 2 and Bob's Burgers are among those films.

Bob's burgers is already dated for next year. Simpsons 2 is unknown.

But based on the fact that the next Fox animation film is getting the deadly January release date despite being a popular graphic novel, I don't think that bodes well.

Isn't Bob's Burgers supposed to come out in July? I thought they've been public on that one.

As far as The Simpsons Movie 2, that has to be a lock for one of those dates. I also have to wonder if we'll see a proper revamp of Ice Age (or at-least a continuation, considering Disney's going to keep on with Blue Sky at Disney+). I'm additionally curious to wonder where we could see the potential for Alien to pop up, considering it being one of the bigger Fox IP's included.

Bob's burgers is already dated for next year. Simpsons 2 is unknown.

But based on the fact that the next Fox animation film is getting the deadly January release date despite being a popular graphic novel, I don't think that bodes well.
I'll believe Bob's Burgers is coming out in 2020 when I see literally anything from the film. There's been radio silence on it. I haven't even heard anyone talking about it as if it's being worked on. Then again maybe i'm just paranoid with how Disney came in and started cancelling projects.

I'll believe Bob's Burgers is coming out in 2020 when I see literally anything from the film. There's been radio silence on it. I haven't even heard anyone talking about it as if it's being worked on. Then again maybe i'm just paranoid with how Disney came in and started cancelling projects.

I think the fact that they're going in and adding these dates, makes me a bit more..calm about the whole thing. Additionally, they just announced with those dates, Deep Water 2 being in development, plus The Final Duel from Ridley Scott coming next year in limited release from 21CF. The fact that they're moving forward with films, makes me more hopeful.

Also, I think unlike The Simpsons Movie, Bobs Burgers might be better suited to have the marketing start later than usual, considering we're about 7 months out from Bob's Burgers. And even then, you can somewhat say that it's being kept on the downlow like how Universal is so-far with Minions 2, only doing things where it can be applied without having a trailer.

Reactions: Nick
Worth noting that through all those new dates and some movies that got moved back, New Mutants stayed put. Looks like Disney/Fox are gonna go forward with a theatrical release.

I have reason to believe that production is targeting 2020, and any delay will be the result of pure release strategy.

Reactions: Nick
Curious to see if you guys think Disney will use any of the following major FOX ips in the parks:
-Ice Age
-Night At the Museum
-Percy Jackson
-Rio

For some reason, Rio looks like it could fit in AK but ice age even if it seems to have been very sucessful just doesn’t seem likely to me

Ice Age was pretty much a while ago. Night at the Museum pretty much ended its course as well, and I don't think Rio would be used in Animal Kingdom too since Disney could use Zootopia for AK. I don't think there's anything Disney can use from its Fox assets in their parks especially if they're preoccupied with Marvel and Star Wars themed areas at the moment.