Disney Grad Nites Returning in 2017? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Grad Nites Returning in 2017?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How often do Comcast execs visit UOR? Hopefully some TMs (or their "friends") can offer this insight.

It depends on the area. Potter is high traffic and gets memos from nearly every power-that-be's on a regular basis.

Popeye and Bluto? You could probably hide a body for months in the corner of the queue before anyone noticed.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Oh, and you have issues with the teens running off to bone in the bushes at s theme park?

Quick, put them in bath suits and then throw them in the water where they can't really be monitored below the shoulders.
I'd hate to be the guests that are in that water the next day...

Reactions: SeventyOne
Exactly. Even Night of Joy gets crazy and that's a Christian Event.

I did the very last Grad Nite in 2011 and it was seeing MK as i've never seen it before.
I was there in 2011 as well :wave:. Very cool time. I think the issue with the water park would be the recklessness of kids graduating high school. Alcohol or drug use combined with swimming doesn't seem like the best combination.

I was there in 2011 as well :wave:. Very cool time. I think the issue with the water park would be the recklessness of kids graduating high school. Alcohol or drug use combined with swimming doesn't seem like the best combination.
Awesome. I had a blast that night, personally just knowing the nature of the event, I think throwing it in a water park is just asking for trouble and even possible lawsuits.

Lord....so many memories will be made with this and not in a good way. Remind me never to go to TL the day after Grad Nights because gross. I don't think drinking is the problem but the locker rooms/lack of clothing which will be the real issue.

Reactions: s8film40
It is worth noting that this ends a lot earlier than the old Grad Nites. I believe Grad Nites at MK ended around 4 or 5 whereas this ends at midnight.

The Christian events for some reason are the absolute craziest of all events. Disney is actually moving theirs from MK to Wide World of Sports in a Flex Building this year so it's more of a controlled atmosphere.
The thing about the Christian events is they're Christian rock concerts. So in terms of rock concerts they're fairly tame but they are still attracting people looking for that "rock concert" atmosphere.

Reactions: Nick
The thing about the Christian events is they're Christian rock concerts. So in terms of rock concerts they're fairly tame but they are still attracting people looking for that "rock concert" atmosphere.
And the tickets are open to all, not just Christian groups exclusively. There's a lot of people that like some of the bands, but don't identify with the religion.

I used to work at Disney and picked up a shift working Grad Night just to see what it was like. I was given a position at the entrance to Mickey's Star Traders. When I got there they handed me a stapler and told me I was to make sure that anyone coming in with a merchandise bag had it stapled shut before they entered. All merchandise sold was bagged and stapled at the counters throughout the park. Open bags weren't allowed in the store. So yeah apparently theft is an issue.

I also talked to someone up at the front of the park. I noticed they were confiscating disposable cameras. I asked why, they said if they weren't sealed in the package they weren't allowed in. Apparently kids had figured out a way to modify the capacitor for the flash to turn them into small taser and electrocute each other.

Last edited:
I used to work at Disney and picked up a shift working Grad Night just to see what it was like. I was given a portion at the entrance to Mickey's Star Traders. When I got there they handed me a stapler and told me I was to make sure that anyone coming in with a merchandise bag had it stapled shut before they entered. All merchandise sold was bagged and stapled at the counters throughout the park. Open bags weren't allowed in the store. So yeah apparently theft is an issue.

I also talked to someone up at the front of the park. I noticed they were confiscating disposable cameras. I asked why, they said if they weren't sealed in the package they weren't allowed in. Apparently kids had figured out a way to modify the capacitor for the flash to turn them into small taser and electrocute each other.
I only work at Disney for a short period of time on the DCP, but I did pick up for NoJ. Keep in mind I was custodial. It was a much harder night than usual as these kids would leave trash literally everywhere as if the whole park was a trash can.

Then I have my coordinators yelling at me in my ear constantly that we had a - it was a certain code, forget it at this point as it was never, ever used except that night. I had to ask what exactly they where talking about as I was unfamiliar with the code (i'd worked there 7 months at this point). They were telling me to go break up the kids having sex. Over and over and over again. It was a pretty uncomfortable thing to have to do at first, but it happened so much I just got used to it.

I feel really sorry for the CMs that have to work this. I know when I went for mine it was a pretty good time and quite a few of my friends at the time pregamed with a few things that weren't pot or alcohol. I was the responsible one so I spent most the night reminding idiots not to spit in rides (pan for instance) since they had cameras everywhere.

I did end up still having a lot of fun and got to see Britney Spears and Reel Big Fish.

Mental Note, don't let daughter go to Grad Bash, Check :)

On a more serious note I imagine it is similar to proms and after proms where certain kids get rowdy and do things prior to going and other kids just go to have fun with their friends and are not rowdy or do things beforehand. I imagine if you hang out with your friends on a normal basis and do drugs and alcohol that you would do it here also. If you don't, you wouldn't.

Mental Note, don't let daughter go to Grad Bash, Check :)

On a more serious note I imagine it is similar to proms and after proms where certain kids get rowdy and do things prior to going and other kids just go to have fun with their friends and are not rowdy or do things beforehand. I imagine if you hang out with your friends on a normal basis and do drugs and alcohol that you would do it here also. If you don't, you wouldn't.
In all fairness it is definitely a case of the slim minority making the whole look worse than they are. In general though the atmosphere tends to encourage them to let loose a little more then they should. With any large group of seniors things are going to get a little rowdy and most are going to go just a little further than they would if they were just there on their own.

Mixing this with a water park though just really sounds like a bad idea. There are more out of the way places to avoid supervision. The water aspect to me is the scariest, a drunk kid passes out in a crowded pool and no one notices and that could be really bad.

I feel really sorry for the CMs that have to work this. I know when I went for mine it was a pretty good time and quite a few of my friends at the time pregamed with a few things that weren't pot or alcohol. I was the responsible one so I spent most the night reminding idiots not to spit in rides (pan for instance) since they had cameras everywhere.

I did end up still having a lot of fun and got to see Britney Spears and Reel Big Fish.
Britney and RBF were what... '98? I remember hearing they were around that time.

Nobody huge was at my Grad Nite. It was Taio Cruz (who had a few hits at the time), 3!OH!3, and Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy bassist) as DJ. Original DJ was supposed to be DJ Pauly D (from Jersey Shore), but he had to leave for Paris or something to film the final season.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Somebody's gonna push Mickey into the wave pool. This will not end pretty.