Disney Grad Nites Returning in 2017? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Grad Nites Returning in 2017?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah.. Somebody's gonna push Mickey into the wave pool. This will not end pretty.
I'm pretty sure Mickey's gone for a swim a few times at MK during Grad Night. I think they stopped having the characters anywhere near water because of this. The water park just provides even more opportunities.

Britney and RBF were what... '98? I remember hearing they were around that time.

Nobody huge was at my Grad Nite. It was Taio Cruz (who had a few hits at the time), 3!OH!3, and Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy bassist) as DJ. Original DJ was supposed to be DJ Pauly D (from Jersey Shore), but he had to leave for Paris or something to film the final season.

Oh dang we went the same year then. That was 2011.

Reactions: Nick
I'm pretty sure Mickey's gone for a swim a few times at MK during Grad Night. I think they stopped having the characters anywhere near water because of this. The water park just provides even more opportunities.
I have no definitive proof, but i've heard lots of stories of teens picking up and throwing Mickey into the moat at not just Grad Nite but also Night of Joy.

Reactions: s8film40
Britney and RBF were what... '98? I remember hearing they were around that time.

Nobody huge was at my Grad Nite. It was Taio Cruz (who had a few hits at the time), 3!OH!3, and Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy bassist) as DJ. Original DJ was supposed to be DJ Pauly D (from Jersey Shore), but he had to leave for Paris or something to film the final season.
Wow pretty close. It was 99.

In all fairness it is definitely a case of the slim minority making the whole look worse than they are. In general though the atmosphere tends to encourage them to let loose a little more then they should. With any large group of seniors things are going to get a little rowdy and most are going to go just a little further than they would if they were just there on their own.

Mixing this with a water park though just really sounds like a bad idea. There are more out of the way places to avoid supervision. The water aspect to me is the scariest, a drunk kid passes out in a crowded pool and no one notices and that could be really bad.
In my experience, a lot of people were just upping their game since they were going to disney by themselves at night. Most of the people I hung out with were on acid or ecstasy even though normally they didn't use either often at all. Another interesting point, my high school was mostly comprised of rather wealthy individuals.

I also brought some party supplies with me though.... nicotine patch and No Doze (over the counter caffine pills).... please don't think any less of me for being so brash and rebellious.

Reactions: Mad Dog
In my experience, a lot of people were just upping their game since they were going to disney by themselves at night. Most of the people I hung out with were on acid or ecstasy even though normally they didn't use either often at all. Another interesting point, my high school was mostly comprised of rather wealthy individuals.

I also brought some party supplies with me though.... nicotine patch and No Doze (over the counter caffine pills).... please don't think any less of me for being so brash and rebellious.
Yeah, it honestly isn't a slim minority at these events. It's basically the graduation party for the whole school and as you said, people who normally wouldn't do stuff start doing it because everyone else is doing it. Peer Pressure 101.

The Christian events for some reason are the absolute craziest of all events. Disney is actually moving theirs from MK to Wide World of Sports in a Flex Building this year so it's more of a controlled atmosphere.

Had a Christian friend explain it to me once--church groups buy blocks of tickets to hand out as "ministry." And then don't supply nearly enough adult chaperones. So you have a bunch of teens--some into the music, some not--running around the park with no parents and no real stand-in parents. Because some old lady thought buying him and his buddies tickets might convert them.

I got the sense a lot of local Christians are aware of the rep and the irony around it. But tough to do anything collectively.

Personal aside: parked in Universal garage 100s, possibly 1000s, of times. Car only been vandalized during Rock the Universe.

Reactions: Nick
Had a Christian friend explain it to me once--church groups buy blocks of tickets to hand out as "ministry."

Geeez I hate that propaganda. There are two young guys walking around the neighborhoods here and they are wearing white dress shirts and dark neckties. Quite sure they are mormons. Their only hope in this town is the lonely elderly with dementia.

Geeez I hate that propaganda. There are two young guys walking around the neighborhoods here and they are wearing white dress shirts and dark neckties. Quite sure they are mormons. Their only hope in this town is the lonely elderly with dementia.
Clever. :)

SeventyOne is right about why some of the attendees at these events act like idiots. It is not just the kids that attend these events that act that way. I was informed by one of the bartenders at Finnegan's that Universal no longer keeps the bar open during Rock the Universe do to adult chaperones getting drunk and harassing the bar staff, doing things like intentionally throwing things at the bartenders.

Reactions: SeventyOne