Disney Parks Monstrous Summer! | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Parks Monstrous Summer!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What is interesting the the 24 hour event it says select rides will be open including NFL. Interesting that with the crowds they won't have everything open for the 24 hour event.

During the inaugural 24 hour event, some rides (such as Space Mountain) had to close prior to 6 am to ensure that they would be able to open with the park the next day. All the regular attractions will be open May 24th, but you may see a couple close around 2 or 3 am.

The all night event causes major problems for the mechanics and safety departments. These rides need their nightly inspections and maintenance.

Yeah, during the last times I actually think some attractions/rides took shifts in closing/reopening throughout the night. The attractions need their nightly maintenance.

Yeah, during the last times I actually think some attractions/rides took shifts in closing/reopening throughout the night. The attractions need their nightly maintenance.

This makes sense so that not everything is closing early. But don't they have between 6 AM and 9 AM. You would think they could do everything then. I can see a couple taking a little longer than 3 hours, but you would think they wouldn't need to close too early. Each one has their own crew, so not like they are short of employees to do all maintenance at once.

Interesting note, on their calendar, they have the park closing at 11 PM :) So while they announced it and it was on their home page, they never updated their calendar.

This makes sense so that not everything is closing early. But don't they have between 6 AM and 9 AM. You would think they could do everything then. I can see a couple taking a little longer than 3 hours, but you would think they wouldn't need to close too early. Each one has their own crew, so not like they are short of employees to do all maintenance at once.

Technically, that's not true. While the big, tech-heavy attractions generally have dedicated maintenance teams, most attractions are grouped into areas with maintenance teams servicing all attractions within that area.

During the last 24 hour event, they had a DJ in the hub from 1-5:30, which definitely helped re-energize everyone and also it distracts from the fact that there are several attractions currently not operating.

Technically, that's not true. While the big, tech-heavy attractions generally have dedicated maintenance teams, most attractions are grouped into areas with maintenance teams servicing all attractions within that area.

Hmmm... interesting. I always thought this because I know it's a small world had a dedicated two person night team. Also heard of other ones this way (like LM). So I just assumed they were all that way, of course I was not thinking tea cup had their own team :)

What is funny is the one guy I talked with said he preferred to work when the park closed earlier because there was more work to do. He was bored to death when it was filled with guests and they couldn't do the other work.

How creepy would it be to be one of the over night guys working on these empty rides in the middle of the night with no guests. :bolt:

I worked the graveyard shift in a 80k sq ft building with just one other person a few nights 2 years ago. Thing about it is the power was cut and back up power was dead by midnight. So all I had was a helmet light and radio. There were only 4 windows and numerous objects you DO NOT want to be with in total darkness. It was an experience I will never forget and something most people would kill do to.

I worked the graveyard shift in a 80k sq ft building with just one other person a few nights 2 years ago. Thing about it is the power was cut and back up power was dead by midnight. So all I had was a helmet light and radio. There were only 4 windows and numerous objects you DO NOT want to be with in total darkness. It was an experience I will never forget and something most people would kill do to.

Yeah at least the Maintenance people can turn on all the lights, which would make none of those rides very scary. But total darkness?!? Not something I would want to do.

Yeah at least the Maintenance people can turn on all the lights, which would make none of those rides very scary. But total darkness?!? Not something I would want to do.

I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.

Now im curious as to what it was you were around :lol:

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts