Disney Removing Gator References from Parks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Removing Gator References from Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney has a habit of being caught off guard when something like this happens then overreacting afterwards. The monorail comes to mind. I still miss riding up front. Glad I took plenty of photos, got all my relatives' kids on and saved the co-pilot license.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Disney has a habit of being caught off guard when something like this happens then overreacting afterwards. The monorail comes to mind. I still miss riding up front. Glad I took plenty of photos, got all my relatives' kids on and saved the co-pilot license.
From what I know, it was a miracle that there weren't guests in the cab of the train that was in the accident. There were other issues with guests riding in the front aside from the accident.

From what I know, it was a miracle that there weren't guests in the cab of the train that was in the accident. There were other issues with guests riding in the front aside from the accident.

I believe the distraction factor was one of the reasons. I know the drivers would always talk to us and point things out. Plus very few people knew about it and there was sometimes a line waiting for the front. I miss having that option as we would always do it late at night, but I totally understand Disney's decision to get rid of it.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
I believe the distraction factor was one of the reasons. I know the drivers would always talk to us and point things out. Plus very few people knew about it and there was sometimes a line waiting for the front. I miss having that option as we would always do it late at night, but I totally understand Disney's decision to get rid of it.
Distracting the driver is never good.

It was also fights between guests over riding. Fights with the drivers when they wouldn't let someone ride because their train was not based in the station they were trying to board in as well as fights over how many people could ride in the cab (they're just little kids so I should be able to bring five of them since that would equal four adults), etc. They would get pissed off if the train they were waiting for couldn't accommodate them because the driver was training. There were so many problems.

Guests also would touch controls when the drivers stepped out to load and unload the trains, bump into the circuit breakers on the wall, etc. And, with the trains aging the AC doesn't work particularly well in the cabs most of the time, adding more body heat didn't help. Now a large section of the seats in the cabs have been removed for the new computer units for the train control system (which puts out even more heat).

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
It was also fights between guests over riding. Fights with the drivers when they wouldn't let someone ride because their train was not based in the station they were trying to board in as well as fights over how many people could ride in the cab (they're just little kids so I should be able to bring five of them since that would equal four adults), etc. They would get pissed off if the train they were waiting for couldn't accommodate them because the driver was training. There were so many problems.

Guests also would touch controls when the drivers stepped out to load and unload the trains, bump into the circuit breakers on the wall, etc. And, with the trains aging the AC doesn't work particularly well in the cabs most of the time, adding more body heat didn't help. Now a large section of the seats in the cabs have been removed for the new computer units for the train control system (which puts out even more heat).
And unless something is changed, the front simply gets A/C blown in from the cabin below. It doesn't have its own AC unit. Used to always be hot as hell in there

No, the cabs each have their own AC units, they just don't work very well because they're 25+ years old and the cab is a giant plexiglass greenhouse.

No, the cabs each have their own AC units, they just don't work very well because they're 25+ years old and the cab is a giant plexiglass greenhouse.
Thats must have changed with the current fleet then. The original monorails had no A/C in the front, just air blown in from the cabin area in the back. (I know, I drove those ancient ones). Interestingly the old bubble top ones at Disneyland were reversed - the front had A/C and the rest of the train had none. (I got to drive a bubble top from the hotel to Tomorrowland when the CM found out I drove Orlando's. Not really legal, I suppose but the DL ones were like a bicycle compared to a motorcycle)