Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was just listening to today's Disney Dish podcast and they were discussing the nightmare of what will become of International Gateway after RoE once the Skyliner opens.

Anyone else think maybe they will have to make that Skyliner station 'exit only' during RoE and afterwards each day?
Everything I’ve heard signifies that the International Gateway entrance will be expanded and you will exit the gondolas inside the security check zone as you will go through security when boarding.

Has a completion date been given? I'm just off the phone to Disney there looking at booking Caribbean Beach Resort and when I asked about the renovations, she said that the Skyliner is scheduled to be completed by spring next year.

Reactions: Alicia
Has a completion date been given? I'm just off the phone to Disney there looking at booking Caribbean Beach Resort and when I asked about the renovations, she said that the Skyliner is scheduled to be completed by spring next year.
That is what I read as well. With the speed of construction that looks like a very probable goal.

Spring 2019 has been the rumored date.

That doesn't mean that Riviera will open at that time though. The system can open and still run without Rivera loading... it would just work as a turn station pretty much.

That pic shows, how I think they will handle the whole MCV/wheelchair/slow load situation. It looks like there is an extension loop there where they'll be able to pull gondolas out to handle the ones they have to stop for. While the inner loop will keep moving.

Reactions: Nick
Really??? Those are going to get real hot during the summer times.

They'll be air cooled. It should be perfectly fine for the 5mins you're in there providing it doesn't break down. The way this system works is that gondolas can be taken off the cable for people in wheelchairs so that service doesn't have to be disrupted.

They'll be air cooled. It should be perfectly fine for the 5mins you're in there providing it doesn't break down. The way this system works is that gondolas can be taken off the cable for people in wheelchairs so that service doesn't have to be disrupted.
Oh wow that’s cool.

Just came back from Porto and they have a similar looking cable car system, blends in pretty well with the background

e9W16CA.jpg

ifxzHqH

They'll be air cooled. It should be perfectly fine for the 5mins you're in there providing it doesn't break down.

But.. what if it does? Imagine a metal box full of people who are elderly/very young children/toddlers/unhealthy... sitting in the Florida sun for hours (?!) if the whole system breaks down and each has to be evacuated?

Seems like an actual, legit, dumb *risk since many gondola systems have either A/C or heating systems.

It will be very interesting to see how this is implemented and received.

Just to calm everyone down, they aren't *Fully enclosed*. Fresh air will be able to flow in and out while moving.

And as i've stated many times, there are similar systems in hotter climates around the world that work just fine. If it's absolutely critical i'm sure you would be evacuated, but that would be an extreme case. It's not like we will ever be all that high off the ground (by gondola standards) anyway. These will be at about monorail height.

Just to calm everyone down, they aren't *Fully enclosed*. Fresh air will be able to flow in and out while moving.

And as i've stated many times, there are similar systems in hotter climates around the world that work just fine. If it's absolutely critical i'm sure you would be evacuated, but that would be an extreme case. It's not like we will ever be all that high off the ground (by gondola standards) anyway. These will be at about monorail height.

Yep the ones in Porto have no AC and it reaches 80-100 degrees there in the Summer

But.. what if it does? Imagine a metal box full of people who are elderly/very young children/toddlers/unhealthy... sitting in the Florida sun for hours (?!) if the whole system breaks down and each has to be evacuated?

Seems like an actual, legit, dumb *risk since many gondola systems have either A/C or heating systems.

It will be very interesting to see how this is implemented and received.
Yeah, what if you got stuck and had no AC? No one dies....
monorail-green-broken-windows.jpg