Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Seems a bit premature with all the equipment lying around, either way progress is good news.
I said we’ve gotta be getting close (as in within the next month or so - they want it open for SWGE after all ), not that it was opening tomorrow :lol:

Reactions: Joel

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Rumor is Disney's target date for this to open is August 28th, but only the AoA/Pop, CBR and DHS stations. So basically the whole Epcot route would be on hold, supposedly due to construction both at Riviera and Ratatouille (there's now a height restriction in place for vehicles for certain parts of the Rat courtyard).

Reactions: SeventyOne

tyro

Rookie
Apr 2, 2016
Kansas
Rumor is Disney's target date for this to open is August 28th, but only the AoA/Pop, CBR and DHS stations. So basically the whole Epcot route would be on hold, supposedly due to construction both at Riviera and Ratatouille (there's now a height restriction in place for vehicles for certain parts of the Rat courtyard).
Interesting I thought they would’ve used this as a promotion Star Wars as well. (I find it very hard to believe it won’t be going to DHS for Star Wars even as a soft opening)

Scott W.

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
They do have to train an entire ops team how to operate a new mode of transportation (for Disney), so I imagine they’re being cautious because of that.
I don't know if this shows the unexpected early opening for Galaxy's Edge.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I don't know if this shows the unexpected early opening for Galaxy's Edge.
Maybe. Disney did always say Fall for Skyliner, anyway. This will be opening at the very beginning of Fall. The system is cycling pretty well though right now so I still wouldn’t be surprised at softs not too long after SWGE.

rastuso

Feb 26, 2014
Anyone found any reviews from the CM preview today? Seems like these may have been official guinea pigs, and perhaps embargoed on any reviews.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Only DHS CMs are in the initial group of softs so we may not get a ton of reviews right away. All WDW CMs can ride starting in about 10 days or so.

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Only DHS CMs are in the initial group of softs so we may not get a ton of reviews right away. All WDW CMs can ride starting in about 10 days or so.
Transportation CMs (buses, watercraft, monorails, minivans) are riding the 11th and 12th, CM only, no guests. There will be a full cast preview the 23-24th for CMs and their guests.

Reactions: therock and Nick