Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Skyliner - Gondola Transportation System

I got to ride from DHS > Epcot opening day. Waited ~5 minutes at DHS and the ride was nice, but our audio wasn’t working so it was very quiet lol.

The line to transfer to epcot wrapped around the station, though it was the first day and everyone was trying to go see illuminations lol. From getting in line, to landing at Epcot, took us 50 minutes, but there was a lot of downtime. I think a guest triggered an E stop accidentally, and ops had trouble rectifying the situation? Regardless, it was a lot of standing around.

But other than that tricky situation, things seemed to be running really well and ops were on top of it. And all things considered, I really like the skyliner and it’s probably my favorite transportation on property.

I haven't seen this yet, but do they have a ticket touchpoint prior to getting into the Skyliner? It would cost essentially nothing to tap a magic band, hotel key or park ticket.
It'll be quite annoying if non-paying locals are making lines longer using this as part of a "free Disney day".

Just like all other Disney Transportation, all guests are welcome to use the Skyliner.

Above photo. Now that looks nasty. Looks like TV stations all over the state are asking for permission to use these photos. That's going to be a big story for sure.

Don’t worry, these are EVERYWHERE, they will never be stopped for very long. Just a few minutes tops.

Can you imagine had this happened when it was 90 and sunny?

Disney is damn lucky it isn’t a heat index of 95 tonight.

Honestly, how does Disney screw these up?

New rides and transportation systems always have bugs to work out. Always.

Oh, how prescient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to start by saying I hope there are no injuries.

That said:

100% unacceptable. Heads should roll (but they won’t because Bob C. doesn’t actually hold people accountable).

What? No fail-safe measures in place to prevent this from happening? They couldn't have E-stopped it sooner? Hope there's no serious injuries.

For the record: this is a Doppelmayr issue, and a BIG one at that. Unfortunately, I expect Disney to get most of the public flack for this but, overall, not good.

Impossible to know that at this point.

Well, now my wife really isn't going to ride in one of these! What a cluster for Disney. An embarrassment. Hopefully no one was seriously hurt.

Yup, this is some serious damage to the Skyliner brand. Many Disney visitors look at this as a SCARY ride. And this just solidified it as a no go for LOTS of people.