Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

As I am actually getting to go to WDW this year finally, I may have to check out Chicken Guy

While I like it, as a non-regular at WDW, keep your expectations in check. It's above average fast food with slightly above average service, and prices only slightly higher than the real world.The thing is, malls need exactly this, and Disney Springs opened with almost no options.

While I like it, as a non-regular at WDW, keep your expectations in check. It's above average fast food with slightly above average service, and prices only slightly higher than the real world.The thing is, malls need exactly this, and Disney Springs opened with almost no options.
This is a very good description - decent for what it is, but with longer lines than it probably should have since Springs doesn’t have much quick service capacity other than Blaze and D-Luxe burger.

The extra seating and drink machines are much needed though - even Earl of Sandwich wasn’t that undersized when it opened.

Interesting first use of NatGeo within the parks as i'm not sure there's a huge demand for NatGeo merch out there, but maybe it's a test. I feel like NatGeo and DAK are a perfect pairing, I just don't know exactly what you do. The Disney+ series Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom is a good pairing of the two, though and they were just filming a new season of the show recently when I was there (and at Epcot).

From BlogMickey...
national-geographic-marvel-marketplace-co-op-disney-springs-7.jpg

national-geographic-marvel-marketplace-co-op-disney-springs-2.jpg

national-geographic-marvel-marketplace-co-op-disney-springs-9.jpg

Interesting first use of NatGeo within the parks as i'm not sure there's a huge demand for NatGeo merch out there, but maybe it's a test. I feel like NatGeo and DAK are a perfect pairing, I just don't know exactly what you do. The Disney+ series Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom is a good pairing of the two, though and they were just filming a new season of the show recently when I was there (and at Epcot).

From BlogMickey...

Seems like they're trying to stretch the brand of NatGeo a bit by taking a more designer approach to the merchandise

Ironically this was attempted with a Vans partnership already: Vans x National Geographic

Seems like they're trying to relaunch it in a certain way

From BlogMickey...

Hahahaha this is the most Disney thing ever.

From BlogMickey...

NatGeo merch is HUGE here in South Korea. I see their clothing all the time.

From BlogMickey...

I knew that NatGeo store was a weird idea:

My guess? Wrong location. The only people buying Uggs in Florida are locals, who in my experience aren’t really picking Disney Springs as their go-to. That just leaves a lot of tourists walking by in 70+ degree temps and laughing.
I think they were hoping to get tourists to buy Uggs while on vacation to then take home with them, but it's a fruitless effort since pretty much everyone has an Ugg store near them or they can just order online. If I lived out of state and wanted Uggs, i'd maybe stopp into the store, see what size I was in Uggs, and then i'd feel confident when ordering online. No reason to buy on vacation.

Operating participant retail hasn’t done nearly as well as food & beverage. There’s probably one or two but I can’t think of a dining outlet that isn’t making money hand over fist while retail is just meh.

The guest counts and profile match with the Aventuras and Gallerias of the retail world so they can charge top dollar rent, but the motivations of those people while they’re at Springs is totally different than people who got in their cars and drove to a shopping mall.