Disney Springs Discussion | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope they do something beautiful with all of that wall space too. Could make a very elegant display. Not too over the top that it'll stop guests from shopping, but enough that it will make for a wonderful environment.

Exactly. The Town Center is the perfect environment to do something really classy and tasteful.

Also, Festival of the Masters is coming back this year, although I believe it's going to be under a different name. I'd have to search, but I know they announced something.

I really hope so!!

Reactions: Nick
Len Testa in the latest podcast with Jim Hill has said that some servers in the more popular restaurants are pulling over $500 a night in tips and some earning 6 figures a year.

Reactions: jtsalien
Len Testa in the latest podcast with Jim Hill has said that some servers in the more popular restaurants are pulling over $500 a night in tips and some earning 6 figures a year.
It's a good job if you can get it. I believe T-Rex and Rainforest are the top earners so i'd expect their servers make a ton. I've looked and pretty much every Disney Springs restaurant command years upon years of serving experience (as they should), so you need to put in the years at smaller places before you get a chance at making that kind of money.

It's a good job if you can get it. I believe T-Rex and Rainforest are the top earners so i'd expect their servers make a ton. I've looked and pretty much every Disney Springs restaurant command years upon years of serving experience (as they should), so you need to put in the years at smaller places before you get a chance at making that kind of money.

I don't even know if 6 figures is even enough to put up with the Rainforest Cafe for 8 hours :bang:

Reactions: JoeCamel
I don't even know if 6 figures is even enough to put up with the Rainforest Cafe for 8 hours :bang:
Well if you're a server, chances are you've worked in a loud environment before, especially in Orlando. It wouldn't bother me, it'd be something i'd probably get used to and have fun with. Sure it'd annoy me, but I try to make the most out of crappy situations at work by have fun with it in some way.

That's slightly blowing my mind.

I know I've heard that servers in many of the Disney top level dining locations can make 6 figures. I know someone who works at Cinderella's Royal Table and they said that's not uncommon.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know I've heard that servers in many of the Disney top level dining locations can make 6 figures. I know someone who works at Cinderella's Royal Table and they said that's not uncommon.
It's all the expensive restaurants. At Cindy's, a standard family of 4 is spending $60 bucks a pop to dine there. $240 x 18% (Disney recommended) = $43.20. And that's just from one family of 4. I can't imagine that many people go to Cindy's with that many less so really the per table tip is only up from there since it's a family restaurant. I imagine they make nice bank there.

By the time you work enough years for too low pay in the restaurant business to make it up to one of these places, you are going to need to make 100k per year.

Reactions: Nick
By the time you work enough years for too low pay in the restaurant business to make it up to one of these places, you are going to need to make 100k per year.
And at that point, you've dedicated your whole adult life to being a server, so it's almost too late to start over over with something new unless you want to start from the bottom all over again.

You're only hope as a server to do anything more than just be a server is to wait for a managerial position to open up and apply (and hope you're lucky).

I know people who pulled in huge paychecks because of tips. Ironically though they had trouble even getting a car loan because the bank only counts direct payment, not tips, as your income. I assume thats because tips could just stop

It's all the expensive restaurants. At Cindy's, a standard family of 4 is spending $60 bucks a pop to dine there. $240 x 18% (Disney recommended) = $43.20. And that's just from one family of 4. I can't imagine that many people go to Cindy's with that many less so really the per table tip is only up from there since it's a family restaurant. I imagine they make nice bank there.

Also, there's no real "down" nights in a Cindys, or a Cali Grill, or a Hoop. Cindys is always full virtually every night.

That's not necessarily Springs, however. I've heard complaints from Boathouse you'll clear a couple hundred one night, less than $50 another. At Splitsville, you'll make money when you rotate to the outside bar--inside, not necessarily.

Heard an interesting stat: Disney is polling people finding they spend an average of three hours at Springs, including eating. Also STK will be retooled in some way (they've started with new menus).
STK is one of the few new restaurants i've yet to try. Just doesn't interest me much and tbh, I feel like it's slightly out of place at Disney Springs.

I think STK would've done better somewhere along the section of I-Drive where all the restaurants are.

What is STK again?
I very high end steak house with a DJ spinning loud EDM.
640x-1.jpg

Reactions: Parkscope Joe