Disney Springs Discussion | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I almost went to check out the coke store but then realized I don't care enough because of how bland most of the rest of Springs is.

It's just so.. Blah.

Small note. I was at Disney Springs yesterday and while walking up the outer hallways in the Coke building, I overheard some contractors saying that they are going to adding a mural on the white outer wall of the hallway soon, but the size was ordered wrong, so they're waiting to re-do it. They also said the entire hallway was temporary, which is interesting.

Last edited:
I also went to Morimoto Asia for lunch.

Realize that I've been to Hong Kong and Tokyo a few times and know authentic Asian cuisine. This to me was just average.

I had the Krab rangoons, they were not your typical ones but tasted good. Tried the Pork Dumpling dim sum...decent. California Roll...just average, and finally Sesame Balls (Red bean paste inside)....again, just average.

There's a place in Tampa where I can get all of these things for $18 all you can eat, made fresh to order (not a buffet). So the $50 or so that I spent at Morimoto's just wasn't worth it in the end to me.

Morimoto's shines in the fusion items that are unique to the venue - the basics are treated with a "meh" from the culinary staff it seems.

Anywho, went to the Coke store. It's neat, but the ramps up to the upper levels are pretty ugly where they dont have windows. Is there something planned to cover the long stretches of white walls with nothing on them..?

See my post a few posts above about that

Ahh.. Wonder how it's temporary though? I went and explored the building a little - it's the blank walls where it cant possibly be a glass hallway because of how the building connects to the one behind it. Wonder what they have planned?

Opening later this year in the Town Center will be The Polite Pig. This restaurant comes from local restaurateurs James and Julie Petrakis, Owners of The Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder, in Winter Park, FL.

This should be a great addition to the area if it's anything like those existing restaurants.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I am really happy to see a local Orlando place get put into the theme park areas. I always hoped that more local mom and pops that are popular would go into Disney Springs or Citiwalk. So glad to see it finally happening.

Just a quick update, I went to UNIQLO just to check it out, no intention of buying anything the other day. Walked out with about 7-8 items and only spent $60. Nothing in the store was crazy expensive (mostly the Disney shirts/plush was most expensive at around $25). Everything was incredibly comfortable too, which was mostly why I bought so much. So much stuff for lounge wear, workouts, etc.

This possibly not only the best addition to Disney Springs, but one of the best stores added to the Orlando area in quite some time.

Just a quick update, I went to UNIQLO just to check it out, no intention of buying anything the other day. Walked out with about 7-8 items and only spent $60. Nothing in the store was crazy expensive (mostly the Disney shirts/plush was most expensive at around $25). Everything was incredibly comfortable too, which was mostly why I bought so much. So much stuff for lounge wear, workouts, etc.

This possibly not only the best addition to Disney Springs, but one of the best stores added to the Orlando area in quite some time.
That is a pleasant surprise to hear. I will have to check it out.

Reactions: Nick
I was there last night with the husband, first time since April 2015. It's very pretty, very sunny with little shade, it was quite crowded, and it is essentially a mall with good restaurants. We went in a few stores, and the one that really surprised me is called Francesca's. Saw a gorgeous dress in the window, guessed it was about $275, only to discover it was only $48! All of their merchandise was reasonably priced and very nice quality. Sorry, getting girly here, I don't buy a lot of clothes because I wear a uniform most of the time.

There is a decent selection of various kinds of food, most of it moderately priced with few exceptions. We ate at Morimoto's Street Food, and had some really good food, but it was kind of expensive, with very, very limited selection. For instance, $12 for a plate of noodles with cabbage, peppers, and carrots, topped with toasted sesame seeds. Enough for 2, but I could to the Mills and 50 area and get the same thing for less.

We had dessert at Amarette's Patisserie. Excellent pastries, limited selection, everything absolutely beautifully presented. The young woman who waited on us told us they made their own jams and jellies to use in the pastries, but my husband (a pastry chef) doubted it due to labor intensive work and equipment needed. Nonetheless, it was very good.

We'll go back, especially now that parking isn't a total nightmare, but we may wait until it cools off. There is little shade here, and in the summer, well, not the best place to go.

Reactions: UNIrd
Had a meal at the STK here last week. Walked in and the music was BLASTING. I thought maybe the restaurant turned into a club at night and I was unaware. It was a little awkward and we could barely hear each other talk but after a few drinks, I was rapping Biggie lyrics while eating my steak.

Reactions: Nick
(I'm quoting this from Hollywood Studios Overhaul | Page 85 | Orlando United Forums because I see this easily drifting the conversation.)

I've heard rumblings that Disney Springs may get some sort of light display in Town Center of late, but i'll believe it when I see it.

They certainly have the wall space for it in the Town Center. I don't see them doing something on the scale of the Osborne Lights because I don't think Disney Springs could handle the crowds and I doubt Disney can figure out a way to charge money for it, but I very easily imagine them plussing the decorations in the Marketplace, adding a bunch to the Landing (because I don't really remember that they had much last year), and then particularly emphasizing light displays in the Town Center. I think the trick is to do something that drives attendance, particularly in the slower parts of November and December, but not doing something so elaborate that paralyzes Disney Springs. I hope they make a good effort, because I think the Town Center could be GORGEOUS with the right Christmas lights.

This also just reminded me, I also hope they bring back Festival of the Masters this year, Disney Springs would now be an even better venue for it than it has in the past.

(I'm quoting this from Hollywood Studios Overhaul | Page 85 | Orlando United Forums because I see this easily drifting the conversation.)

They certainly have the wall space for it in the Town Center. I don't see them doing something on the scale of the Osborne Lights because I don't think Disney Springs could handle the crowds and I doubt Disney can figure out a way to charge money for it, but I very easily imagine them plussing the decorations in the Marketplace, adding a bunch to the Landing (because I don't really remember that they had much last year), and then particularly emphasizing light displays in the Town Center. I think the trick is to do something that drives attendance, particularly in the slower parts of November and December, but not doing something so elaborate that paralyzes Disney Springs. I hope they make a good effort, because I think the Town Center could be GORGEOUS with the right Christmas lights.

This also just reminded me, I also hope they bring back Festival of the Masters this year, Disney Springs would now be an even better venue for it than it has in the past.
I hope they do something beautiful with all of that wall space too. Could make a very elegant display. Not too over the top that it'll stop guests from shopping, but enough that it will make for a wonderful environment.

Also, Festival of the Masters is coming back this year, although I believe it's going to be under a different name. I'd have to search, but I know they announced something.