Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

True.

I don't think NBA is going to have any trouble succeeding though because they aren't just going to show NBA. There will likely be a legit sports bar in there (the only one on property besides ESPN Club) and will be packed for NCAA Football games, NFL games, etc.

It'll be feast or famine as a server there, but on those 100 good days a year, that feast will be Thanksgiving-level (to carry a metaphor too far). Even on vacation, NCAA football fans want to see their team play.

Will it be open by June then? It sure doesn't look it. The World Cup this summer would be a hell of a feast.

Breaking News: starting next weekend, several Springs venues will be open until 2:00 am Thursday thru Saturday. Mostly bars--Jock Lindsey's for sure, I assume the surrounding businesses--but also D-Luxe Burger. Concerted effort to recapture the nightlife vibe they lost 10 years ago.
That's fantastic. It'd be particularly lovely if they had the Boathouse dock bar open.

The major refurb of World of Disney is underway and the relief store - The Disney Corner - is now open in The Town Center.

Half of the store is currently closed:
world-of-disney-refurb-02142018-5.jpg

world-of-disney-refurb-02142018-3.jpg

PHOTOS: Majority of World of Disney Now Closed for Refurbishment at Disney Springs - Blog Mickey

Over at The Disney Corner, it provides much needed relief with half of WoD down. This is a 2-Story venue, so it's not a small/cramped space either:
the-disney-corner-02142018-13.jpg

the-disney-corner-02142018-4.jpg

the-disney-corner-02142018-1.jpg

PHOTOS: The Disney Corner Now Open at Disney Springs - Blog Mickey

Was this storefront always empty? It's a huge storefront.
Yes, it was the only empty storefront in Town Center. Apple has been rumored for this space, but nothing has come of it yet. Expect this store to occupy the venue for most of 2018, if not all

And bouncing off of what @SeventyOne mentioned about places staying open until 2am, supposedly there will be an "Adult DJ Dance Party" until at lest the end of Spring Break from the hours of 10pm-1:45am at the West End Stage (next to The Boathouse).

Save Pleasure Island: Breaking News: Adult DJ Dance Party Coming To The Island!

Last edited:
The major refurb of World of Disney is underway and the relief store - The Disney Corner - is now open in The Town Center.

Half of the store is currently closed: ...pics...

Holy crap, I'm not a big shopper, but that is just depressing. :shock:

It suffered with identity issues with a mish mash of theming and expansions over the years. When they redid Disney Springs to its current iteration it looked even more out of place. This should bring it full circle and make for a cohesive theme that hopefully matches the rest of Springs.

Did WoD really need a refurb?
It, along with WoD in Downtown Disney Anaheim, are being "Modernized". From what i'm told, the final product will look a lot like what the pics I posted of The Disney Corner store look like. They're removing all of the in-your-face Disney clutter and doing a more minimalistic design with "Disney Touches".

Uniqlo is another good point of reference as to what it will look like.

This may be a stupid question but what are those structures built over the walkway? They can be seen in the Jaleo pic on top left and top right hand side. Almost looks like a walkway that was never finished to me, or I just never noticed them.

This may be a stupid question but what are those structures built over the walkway? They can be seen in the Jaleo pic on top left and top right hand side. Almost looks like a walkway that was never finished to me, or I just never noticed them.
It is supposed to be the remnants of a defunct elevated railway. In actuality it is monstrously expensive shade.

This is what they look like from ground level.

image6-e1402009036760.jpg

Fairly reliable rumor has it the trestles were to offer outdoor seating--I think early concept art bore that out--but too late in the process TDO realized they'd have to add elevators to make them ADA compliant. Now they look out-of-place at best.