Disney Springs Discussion | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I admit Bongos is almost always empty (especially during the day) it remains as one of my favorite restaurants and, imo, has a pretty well defined concept of its own. However, this doesn't necessarily mean I think it is long for this world, especially with other options opening soon.

One of the big lifestyler sites has an absolutely savage review of Enzo's Hideaway up (after positive takes on Edison and Maria & Enzo's). Strange how four restaurants can be run from the same kitchen yet one seems to get it so wrong. We'll probably never know exactly what happened, but I'm now convinced Enzo's was a last-minute audible from what would've been a much more liquor-oriented venue.

One of the big lifestyler sites has an absolutely savage review of Enzo's Hideaway up (after positive takes on Edison and Maria & Enzo's). Strange how four restaurants can be run from the same kitchen yet one seems to get it so wrong. We'll probably never know exactly what happened, but I'm now convinced Enzo's was a last-minute audible from what would've been a much more liquor-oriented venue.

Enzo's, in the original plans, was one of the few "Disney" locations in Springs. Shame it happened the way it did. A legit "Disney Speakeasy" would have been fun

HoB also.
It'll be a shame because I marvel every time at how amazing the artwork is in the concert hall and the restaurant. Such a beautiful place.

And it's one of the few concert venues in Orlando that isn't located downtown.

Enzo's, in the original plans, was one of the few "Disney" locations in Springs. Shame it happened the way it did. A legit "Disney Speakeasy" would have been fun
Well, the good thing is that the venue is built now at least. If the restaurant fails, maybe they'll realize that what was needed was not a "Underground Restaurant", but the speakeasy vibe we all thought we were getting.

Reactions: SeventyOne

I didn't follow a lot of these projects closely, but I never realized Jock Lindsey's was supposed to be a true "sister bar" to the Edison and everything. If you look at some of the news articles posted near the entrance, there's an interview about someone hearing music in the walls and being dismissed as crazy. But that was supposed to be talking about the hideaway.

A headphones and cables store would make bank.
There was a headphones place where Samantha Bee Company now resides (along the stretch of stores across from Paradiso 37) called Sound Lion. I never noticed the store as overly busy and they were selling all upscale headphones. I believe the company as a whole folded.

I still can't believe they are doing an NBA experience...We'll see how it turns out, but I'm extremely skeptical

Every franchise in the NBA now valued over $1B. Never happened before. Surely an NBA-specific store can move a ton of merch.

Now you also have a sports bar in DS. The #1 question I hear in Disney resort bars is "where can I watch the <insert team> game?". So you have Jon Taffer's 85 nights a year a sports bar makes money plus the two weeks at Easter and Christmas every place in DS is packed. I frankly think it has better chances than a lot of places that have opened.

I know NBA City failed in CityWalk. But you have to remember most of those years UOR was failing as well. The bump from Potter fans did nothing for the restaurant, but that's a different demo than DS attracts.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
Every franchise in the NBA now valued over $1B. Never happened before. Surely an NBA-specific store can move a ton of merch.

Now you also have a sports bar in DS. The #1 question I hear in Disney resort bars is "where can I watch the <insert team> game?". So you have Jon Taffer's 85 nights a year a sports bar makes money plus the two weeks at Easter and Christmas every place in DS is packed. I frankly think it has better chances than a lot of places that have opened.

I know NBA City failed in CityWalk. But you have to remember most of those years UOR was failing as well. The bump from Potter fans did nothing for the restaurant, but that's a different demo than DS attracts.

According to Forbes the average team value for NFL is $2.39bn, MLB $1.53bn, “top 20 soccer teams” (likely largest teams across leagues in Europe the Americas) $1.47bn, and NBA at $1.36bn.

Baseball Team Values 2017

I wonder if Disney’s NBA licensing deal is a good competitbe eniugh that them “licensing” ESPN would have cost more.

According to Forbes the average team value for NFL is $2.39bn, MLB $1.53bn, “top 20 soccer teams” (likely largest teams across leagues in Europe the Americas) $1.47bn, and NBA at $1.36bn.

Baseball Team Values 2017

I wonder if Disney’s NBA licensing deal is a good competitbe eniugh that them “licensing” ESPN would have cost more.
According to the Forbes report, the reason for the NBA teams gain valuation at such a high rate right now is in large part due to the TV deal with TNT and ESPN/ABC.

You misunderstand what Disney is trying to accomplish with Disney Springs if you think they would open an ESPN bar/restaurant, though. They are in the leasing business, not the operating business when it comes to all the new stuff. They want to sit back, do nothing, and just play landlord.

According to the Forbes report, the reason for the NBA teams gain valuation at such a high rate right now is in large part due to the TV deal with TNT and ESPN/ABC.

You misunderstand what Disney is trying to accomplish with Disney Springs if you think they would open an ESPN bar/restaurant, though. They are in the leasing business, not the operating business when it comes to all the new stuff. They want to sit back, do nothing, and just play landlord.

They could easily throw Landry’s at the ESPN concept. Just because it’s their property doesn’t mean they have to run it.

They could easily throw Landry’s at the ESPN concept. Just because it’s their property doesn’t mean they have to run it.
True.

I don't think NBA is going to have any trouble succeeding though because they aren't just going to show NBA. There will likely be a legit sports bar in there (the only one on property besides ESPN Club) and will be packed for NCAA Football games, NFL games, etc.