Disney+ | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, the unscripted/reality slate is rough on pretty much all streaming platforms with the exception of Letterman and Hasan Minhaj’s shows. Minhaj’s is on par with John Oliver, imo.
Netflix has a whole mess of unscripted shows. It's just that none of them have ever really hit big.

It seems like reality shows only work if the show can act as water-cooler talk. The only successful reality shows became part of the zeitgeist and everybody had to talk about them. That doesn't really work well with the binge model. I personally don't think Disney will even try to go into reality streaming shows unless they see others having big success there.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
I mean, the unscripted/reality slate is rough on pretty much all streaming platforms with the exception of Letterman and Hasan Minhaj’s shows. Minhaj’s is on par with John Oliver, imo.
Thy have some winning producers though. I feel confident something good will come.

Yeah, Cinema Relics has me interested.
Netflix has a whole mess of unscripted shows. It's just that none of them have ever really hit big.

It seems like reality shows only work if the show can act as water-cooler talk. The only successful reality shows became part of the zeitgeist and everybody had to talk about them. That doesn't really work well with the binge model. I personally don't think Disney will even try to go into reality streaming shows unless they see others having big success there.
My point wasn’t that there wasn’t that there isn’t any reality TV, but that none of it really works. The reason most reality shows work is because it has a set airing schedule, with shows like The Bachelor having watch parties and the like. That doesn’t translate to streaming services.

All of that said, Disney now owns the Endemol Shine Group, which is big into reality TV production, so I could see something with them being done.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yeah, Cinema Relics has me interested.

My point wasn’t that there wasn’t that there isn’t any reality TV, but that none of it really works. The reason most reality shows work is because it has a set airing schedule, with shows like The Bachelor having watch parties and the like. That doesn’t translate to streaming services.

There is rumint reporting that Disney is thinking about selling their half of Endemol Shine....I need to find that article again but it came out last week or the week before

I actually think Hawkeye could translate well to a 10-episode show where we can explore him as a character. He’s not interesting enough of a character to base an MCU movie around, but he’s deep enough to make for an interesting show (imo).

Also, how come nobody's talking about how Iger confirmed that the entire animated back -catalog will be opened up for the platform and the "Vault" program will be ending? I know we sort of expected it as exclusivity and content is the selling point, but the confirmation is nice to hear.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Also, how come nobody's talking about how Iger confirmed that the entire animated back -catalog will be opened up for the platform and the "Vault" program will be ending? I know we sort of expected it as exclusivity and content is the selling point, but the confirmation is nice to hear.

It still technically a vault because the one thing with streaming services is they have the power. Right now Disney is saying oh you can watch all our films at the start of the service however there is always the possibility that Disney later to attract/maintain subscribers to put certain nostalgic classics every month for that month only with two to three years. (Hulu does this with certain old television shows distributed by ABC and NBC which after two months the shows expires and then comes back 4 months later repeatedly. )

It still technically a vault because the one thing with streaming services is they have the power. Right now Disney is saying oh you can watch all our films at the start of the service however there is always the possibility that Disney later to attract/maintain subscribers to put certain nostalgic classics every month for that month only with two to three years. (Hulu does this with certain old television shows distributed by ABC and NBC which after two months the shows expires and then comes back 4 months later repeatedly. )
As long as I can finally watch Princess and the Frog whenever I feel like it, I’m cool.

Has this been altered from the entire theatrical catalog (which was what was initially reported), to just the animated catalog?