Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

Just got back from another marathon day at DLR on July 2nd with just my 5- and 7-year olds this time. Crowds levels were still quite low. Very easy to navigate the parks and never had to rub shoulders with anyone, even on Main Street when we left at 10 pm, which is usually when there's a mad rush to leave right after the fireworks show has ended.

Did DCA in the morning til just after noon. The longest we waited was 30 minutes for the new Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind ride and I only did it cuz it was new and the kids wanted to ride it. Otherwise, I'd never agree to wait 30 minutes for a spinner. Cute retheme BTW. Very bright, glossy colors. Lamplight Lounge was dead at noon. Even Incredicoaster was low (maybe 15 minutes).

Over at DL, other than the popular classics, most other rides had no more than 30 minutes waits. Of the few handfuls of guests I spoke to, all were out of state on vacation. None were locals. Small sample size, so take that FWIW.

Also, received this in my inbox a few days ago so there's that deal floating around. Saves $88 on a 2-day 1-Park ticket if you use it during peak season.

Disneyland California: 2-Day Admission | Travelzoo

It doesn't look like their Bring a Friend for $99 park-hopper promo is having any immediate impacts. I don't think crowd levels will get back to normal until the 2nd half of August for Deluxe or until after Labor Day for So Cal Select.

Well, after a long day, I'm throwing in the towel. 99, y'all! Who's old enough to remember pager codes? Haha.
on the $99 special. A poster on another site kind of summed it up nicely when he complained ,'Heh, I'm going to pay a total $897 for my $798 season pass plus one day. No way. I'm not crazy".

Part of me does really think that a small portion of this really is Disney's additional capacity claim. I know lots of you will probably guffaw at that and mumble about corporate PR, but it is an actual factor to consider. This land is absolutely massive and is indeed sucking people up. (no I am not going to think about cherry picked photos of a random corner and a point where Droid Depot was empty for five minutes)

It's definitely not the reason why crowds are so low, but it could be not quite as bad/apocalyptic as people are making it out to be.
Don't make me guffaw this early in the morning Ryan *puts monocle back into eye*

I think you have an interesting point, Falcon is a people eater, and the land is gigantic

Plus, they've gone the extra route of opening up pathways and expanding everything to relieve stress on previously bottle necked areas

In the end, it’s far better that Disney over prepared then under. They could have done less block outs, had crowds up the hoo ha, and no one would be happy.

In the end, it’s far better that Disney over prepared then under. They could have done less block outs, had crowds up the hoo ha, and no one would be happy.
Not in Disney’s eyes. They would much rather have an overcrowded park full of angry people than an empty park. If each one bought a drink and a snack, that would still be a lot of money. Why else would they still be offering monthly payments on all of their passes?

Not in Disney’s eyes. They would much rather have an overcrowded park full of angry people than an empty park. If each one bought a drink and a snack, that would still be a lot of money. Why else would they still be offering monthly payments on all of their passes?
Yep. They're in the business to make a profit, the bigger the better.

They'd rather have the most amount of money being spent. It doesn't matter if the crowds are big or small, $$$ spent is the crucial thing. Ideally, if the same money was being spent and they could choose between quiet or busy, I'm sure they would should quiet so that they can have less staff and less trains running for lower maintenance.

I just wonder, if things don't turn around soon, will heads roll for botching this? Especially if the east coast has similar issues...

I just wonder, if things don't turn around soon, will heads roll for botching this? Especially if the east coast has similar issues...
I remember when the My Magic program didn't produce the windfall profits Disney & Iger expected, all of the top Executives behind the program were gone within two years.

Does anyone have something happening in regards of the outcome of their flight with the Falcon? How did the land/castmember react in their results? I haven't read anything and it was something unique and I was wondering how they would do it.

Wow. DLR PR is working over time. Reason #3 is my FAVORITE.

3) Disney California Adventure has added attractions that are drawing visitors across the esplanade and helping reduce the number of people in Disneyland.

The return of Soarin’ Over California and the introduction of Mickey’s Philharmagic were timed to the opening of Galaxy’s Edge.

The new Jessie’s Critter Carousel and Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind in Pixar Pier have been in the works for more than a year. The well-timed additions give visitors two more reasons to head over to California Adventure and reduce the visitor load on Disneyland.

Lmao..

Another thing to consider is that, for quite a few years now, not only has DL had Star Tours, but they’ve also had Hyperspace Mountain as a Star Wats ride.

Hell, to this day, both are still there, which means there’s more Star Wars attractions in TL than in SWGE right now.