Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Expansion

Yeah I had Avengers on the mind, but I did mean Marvel as a whole. I know its a lot of stories but even Universal realized when developing IOA they could not do an ENTIRE park off of just cartoons let alone one type of cartoon.

I'd really, really disagree with that. Marvel could easily be an entire park.

Well thats the issue I knew we would run into. I am trying my best to say it can't when fully knowing me the "FAN" says it can. It comes down to if you have a 1 Billion dollar budget do you put all your eggs in one basket or do you try to appeal to several audiences. What if 40% of the nation had no interest in Marvel???

What works better in your opinions.

Choice 1 - An entire park revolving around Marvel

Choice 2 - A park with lands revolving around the Marvel, Star Wars, POTC, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story, and Wall E????

Does anyone else get what I am trying to say here???

Well thats the issue I knew we would run into. I am trying my best to say it can't when fully knowing me the "FAN" says it can. It comes down to if you have a 1 Billion dollar budget do you put all your eggs in one basket or do you try to appeal to several audiences. What if 40% of the nation had no interest in Marvel???

Choice 2 - A park with lands revolving around the Marvel, Star Wars, POTC, Alice in Wonderland, Toy Story, and Wall E????

I get what you're trying to say, but we've already go all those bases represented in Disneyland/DCA save for WALL-E. And Marvel is insanely popular. Kids would be clamoring to get there.

I get what you're trying to say, but we've already go all those bases represented in Disneyland/DCA save for WALL-E. And Marvel is insanely popular. Kids would be clamoring to get there.

I hear ya it was more of an example.

I think making a standalone Marvel Park would suffer a fate along the lines of Hard Rock Park. But in the context of the Disneyland resort where you also have Disneyland and DCA with widespread appeals, I think a niche park like this could work. You'd have the diehard fans, teens, and young kids pumped for it, and you can draw in a decent amount of non-fans just because they're already at the resort.

sounds interesting, when i went to DLR, it did seem that both Tomorrowland and Frontierland needed a lot more work so i'm glad they're aiming at where the bulk of the work needs to go.

If all of this happens, is there really any reason to ever visit WDW ever again?

there are distinct differences between DLR and WDW :shifty:

sounds interesting, when i went to DLR, it did seem that both Tomorrowland and Frontierland needed a lot more work so i'm glad they're aiming at where the bulk of the work needs to go.

there are distinct differences between DLR and WDW :shifty:

Yeah, DLR is better.

When I went to WDW I was pissed. I was so interested to see your versions of stuff... then I immediately wanted to go home and ride my badass version of SM!

there were good things and bad things about DLR for me. like POTC and Space Mountain were awesome, but imo HM sucked and there was honestly no difference other than the exterior and maybe one or two other things in the actual ride.

i loved Indiana Jones, Pinocchio and Mr. Toads were cool. Matterhorn was disappointing, the Submarine Voyage was bleh and all of Toon Town was really just bad. i haven't been to DCA, but i do want to go to see if it's at least better than the state DHS is in right now ugh.

there were good things and bad things about DLR for me. like POTC and Space Mountain were awesome, but imo HM sucked and there was honestly no difference other than the exterior and maybe one or two other things in the actual ride.

i loved Indiana Jones, Pinocchio and Mr. Toads were cool. Matterhorn was disappointing, the Submarine Voyage was bleh and all of Toon Town was really just bad. i haven't been to DCA, but i do want to go to see if it's at least better than the state DHS is in right now ugh.

Well both have their pros & cons, but DLR overall has a higher stock value.

Agreed, after being there myself, Fantasyland ALONE has more rides in it than all ok MK :lol: and yes I know I'm exaggerating, but Matterhorn was really the only disappointing ride to me there, its super, super..did I mention SUPER rough, that the Hulk felt smooth compared to it, and a bad car on Rockit would've been a dream.

But everything is +1 from MK, SM over there is amazing, so is POTC, HM was closed for the makeover, BTM is the same as here pretty much, and Indy is well, Indy which is easily one of the best rides I've ever been on bar none.

I'm excited to take a spin on Pirates this go around. It was closed for a refurb on my last visit. As for overall quality, even with WDW in my own backyard I can easily say that OVERALL the DLR trumps WDW easily.

The only wins IMO for the WDW resort vs the DLR are the ToT, LM (seriously that queue is a joke), HM (except for :nightmare:), and a bugs life.

The only wins IMO for the WDW resort vs the DLR are the ToT, LM (seriously that queue is a joke), HM (except for :nightmare:), and a bugs life.

I didn't care for ToT in Cali at all. Just felt wrong. Star Tours has the Imperial Walker, so another one for WDW. Not the same ride technically, but as far as big boy coasters go I prefer Rockin' over Screamin'. Uhhh, at least MK has the CoP instead of Innoventions :shrug:

I didn't care for ToT in Cali at all. Just felt wrong. Star Tours has the Imperial Walker, so another one for WDW. Not the same ride technically, but as far as big boy coasters go I prefer Rockin' over Screamin'. Uhhh, at least MK has the CoP instead of Innoventions :shrug:

But SOON, DL's innoventions will be Stark Expo! And that is something that we WON'T get a clone of.

Pooh, Splash (maintenance not withstanding), Jungle Cruise (inside temple), and WDW has the TTA.

it's a small world, Fantasmic, World of Color, RSR, Alice in Wonderland, and the fact that I can get to every major attraction in the resort with a max walking time of 10 minutes (including park-to-park). You guys may have an AT-AT walker... but I can get off of Star Tours and walk onto SM. :thumbs:

(In fact, that's how I always start my day. ST, SM, then Indy)

it's a small world, Fantasmic, World of Color, RSR, Alice in Wonderland, and the fact that I can get to every major attraction in the resort with a max walking time of 10 minutes (including park-to-park). You guys may have an AT-AT walker... but I can get off of Star Tours and walk onto SM. :thumbs:

(In fact, that's how I always start my day. ST, SM, then Indy)

I was in no way, shape, or form insinuating WDW was better. Just saying that there are a few more attractions WDW does better.